MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been occasionally having another issue with the brutale 920

Its been cold where i live for a while and it seems to happen more commonly when its cold (or more specifically if i have not let the bike warm up for long, its generally happened at the start of a ride at the bikes coldest ).

symptom, I try to change from second to third and i can not move the gear lever up to engage third. (no strange noises the lever just wont move ~sorry if my terminology is wrong)

It feels the same as if your in 6th and try and up gear , just totally locked out

This has happened probably 6 times, didn't have it for a month or so but it just happened again last week

I dont think its me not engaging the clutch correctly, had a play the other day going up a gear without using the clutch at all and that was fine did not feel the same

Very intermittent , never had it twice in one ride
To resolve i think i press down, let go of the clutch and then try third again.

Common issue? the 2 years manufacturer warranty is coming up so if this could be a expensive job to fix i need to give it to the shop sooner than later . doesn't happen often so im not all that concerned

6000km on the bike no other issues atm

·
Administrator
19,553 Posts
Intermittent like that usually points to rider technique....but maybe something is not quite right in the shifting mechanism that rotates the shift drum. Not hard to get too, but may not be an obvious problem if that random. Worth a peek.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had a problem changing gear on my 920 last week on a long tour around Scotland, turned out my gear lever was loose tightened up the bolt and all is fine now. Worth checking the gear lever.

·
Administrator
19,553 Posts
I had a problem changing gear on my 920 last week on a long tour around Scotland, turned out my gear lever was loose tightened up the bolt and all is fine now. Worth checking the gear lever.
It's always something simple!! Good advice there!:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers ill have a walk around and check all the bolts , honestly not done that since i got the bike , I assume the bolt you speak of is obvious near the shifter ,

thanks again all , will report back

·
Registered
38 Posts
If the warranty is coming to an end it is probably a good idea to put it in to the shop and ask them to check it out, then if anything happens just after the warranty ends(don't it always!) then at least you can show that you reported something previously which might help with an 'out of warranty' claim later.

Also whilst its in you can ask them to give bike a thorough check over so that if there is anything else you might not have spotted, then that too can be put right under the warranty.

Best of luck
Tony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts