MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on how to remove (detach) stock silencer that is tucked in very tightly ?
I have removed all screws that were holding it in place, it moved slightly one where the pipes are connected but won't budge further. It moved about 1cm from the place where it's screwed to the frame&engine, so I am sure I've unscrewed all 3 screws.
It's a B3, and I cannot rotate by holding the pipes (no space to rotate the square shaped box underneath the engine and rear suspension), I can only pulle. I pulled like crazy for 20 minutes, almost knocked the bike backwards off the paddock stand, but bloody thing won't move.

Attachments

·
Registered
639 Posts
I've had the same problem with my stock exhaust AND with the FM a few weeks later.
Just move it in multiple directions and spray some WD40 on the connecting parts.
Takes patience, and removing the rear wheel gives you some more space to move the exhaust.

·
Registered
408 Posts
don't forget on the left side of the bike one of the bolts that retains the side stand has an extension that goes down to m10 to support the exhaust box

1 - 8 of 8 Posts