MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a set of race boots, but what do you wear for on the street? Something that is semi comfortable to walk/stand in, yet offers protection? Oh and that doesn't look like a space boot...

·
Registered
4,473 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
puma released thier line of boots and they have some beautiful street boots. Brown and black leather. Nice enough to wear in the office. expesive though. my next buy.

·
The Machinist
2,448 Posts
Here are my boots.

The Sidis are old maybe 30k miles or so but still fit very nice. Made for a skinnier foot. Build quality is nice.

The Alpinestars are newer maybe only 5k on them so they're still stiff. they are alot thicker through the toe area so it was weird switching my shifting up a little.

Both boots are not the top of the line race boots but more than enough for me. They are still alittle moon bootish, but not so much that you can't wear them with jeans.:)

I could still use them on the track if I had to though.

·
Registered
689 Posts
For everyday use I wear Daytona Road Stars with Gore-Tex. I think they meet all your criteria, and they're waterproof.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I wear Alpinestars when I'm just riding and not walking. But most of the time I wear a pair of combat boots with steel toes. Provide plenty of protection and blend in anywhere. Can be much cheaper than motorcycle boots too.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
The boots go on when I get on the bike.

There are a huge range of shorter boots, that look good, but do they protect your ankle enough?
Broms was only telling me today, the amount of bike injuries involving ankles, it didn't sound pretty so the boots stay on Dova.

Attachments

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
tons of boots out there.... some things to ask....

Is this to wear to work? I sometimes take a real bike to work (as opposed to scooter) and will wear proper-ish boots with dress trousers. Velcro on boots tends to grab at the hem which is annoying.

Here, quick on and off is key (you gotta take off shoes a lot), so shoelaces are annoying. Zipper/velcro is easier.

Waterproof? that'll narrow things down.

Trips to the store or around town, lower cut is cool, i've got a few different pairs. Just easier sometimes.....

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bring a back pack to work, so a change will be done.

Like you have said TL, just trips to around the store, or to go get the infamous "cup of coffee" something that is comfy and doesnt scream "LOOK AT MY BOOTS"

I seem to have a problem finding boots that fit, as I usually wear a 45 euro, but it doesnt seem to push my heel into the back of the boot for a snug fit.

I agree with ozboy about ankle protection, just would like to get something a bit more comfortable than a race boot, that has a piece of plastic you stand on..lol

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Daytonas; they are the best boots I've ever had bar none :)

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
On a side note, can anyone recommend a boot that has a thinker sole (i need the height) but also is narrow enough to fit the MV's shifter? That's my problem. So far, only the Sidi Canyon fits the bill.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So after some looking around looks like Icon makes a boot that looks like just a plain hiking boot, with ankle protection!

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
These are most of my non-touring/non-race-ish boots.

I wear the two on the left the most.

Left most is Gaerne. I really like it. Easy to put on, etc. Good protection. hot though. Also a bit tough with the shifter on the MVs. Manageable, but not as much feel. Mostly use it on the Husky which I putt around more frequently for urban use.

The Elf one I've only seen in Japan. Must be some branding thing. Anyway, it's got all sorts of vents, etc. I use this the most out of all these. Quick velcro action and you are away. Probably the most minimal of protection, covers the ankle a bit with some padding/plasticy stuff. Only use for tooling around town.

3rd from the left I've only worn once, getting back from the shop cuz it didn't fit in my backpack. I've only just found them again hiding in some box. Quite clunky. Probably would be tough on the MV, but I'll have to check. Velcro holds down the laces. A* Black Label Street Gear. Toe is really hard, not sure if it is steel or anything, but I can't push down on it. Waterproof, or so it claims.

right most is Forma. Dunno what that brand is. Waterproof. Got it for work, so it looks 'reasonable' under trousers for my trek through the building to my desk to change shoes. Only complaint is on the velcro which grabs at trousers a bit. Next one will be zipper-only.

Anyway, that's whats in the closet. Or rather what sits in the entranceway, most are too big for the shoe closet....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts