MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Very cool! I'd like to see it in action. :)

I remember a couple years ago seeing a video of a guy driving a huge wheel with what looked like a V8 mounted in side of it. The rider sat inside the wheel as well.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I'm not exacly sure just how that thing is supposed to remain upright with a rider on the back? Even without a rider they have to use a plumbers helper to keep it proped up.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
MV always talks about their motorcycle art!

Been trying to work out how it would work!!!

Very tricky!

·
Registered
796 Posts
this is what s writen in the description of the bike.personally i wouldn't ride this rolling death wish :"MV Monomoto Unique Motorcycle Art
Here is the story from the owner of this very special monocycle.
"This MV Augusta 60cc Monomoto Superleggera is the experimental machine ridden by young wealthy Italian Luiggi Bandini, during practice for the 1954 Milano-Taranto Road Race. Bandini tragically lost control in a misty mountain section, while waving to a pretty spectator. His grief stricken father, Count Enzio Bandini, “The Falcon,” never again permitted anyone to ride or even view this advanced design, and knowledge of its whereabouts faded. Eventually, rumors of this fascinating machine reached the motorcycling bon vivant Todd Fell. On a trip to Naples, Italy, his quest to find it was rewarded at the Bandini country villa, where in 2004, fifty years after the tragic accident, the late Count’s family was persuaded to part with the treasure.""

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
khfx said:
......hope the rider wasn't hurt in the horrible accident......
Whoa! Apparently he was! That is unfortunate...Although not entirely unexpected.

I wonder if the bike has that damn tricky lay-back kickstand...?

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
819 Posts
allias86 said:
this is what s writen in the description of the bike.personally i wouldn't ride this rolling death wish :"MV Monomoto Unique Motorcycle Art
Here is the story from the owner of this very special monocycle.
"This MV Augusta 60cc Monomoto Superleggera is the experimental machine ridden by young wealthy Italian Luiggi Bandini, during practice for the 1954 Milano-Taranto Road Race. Bandini tragically lost control in a misty mountain section, while waving to a pretty spectator. His grief stricken father, Count Enzio Bandini, “The Falcon,” never again permitted anyone to ride or even view this advanced design, and knowledge of its whereabouts faded. Eventually, rumors of this fascinating machine reached the motorcycling bon vivant Todd Fell. On a trip to Naples, Italy, his quest to find it was rewarded at the Bandini country villa, where in 2004, fifty years after the tragic accident, the late Count’s family was persuaded to part with the treasure.""

Jesus Christ, that sounds like a bad danielle steel novel gone worse. Story sounds more fantasy than anything.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
So...would it be like riding a unicycle? Where you have to control the leaning? Or would the centrifugal force/drivetrain mostly keep it upright??

Very intresting to see...I wouldn't mind giving it a spin...

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Pretty similar concept designed to meet the needs of year 2025.

Gold Award
Annual Design Awards - 2003
Industrial Design Society of America & Business Week Magazine

The BRP EMBRIO Advanced Concept is a one-wheeled recreational and commuting vehicle that promises a whole new experience on the road. Aimed at the 18 to 45 age group, this advanced concept prefigures the kind of user-friendly, minimalist vehicles we might be seeing - and using - on our urban, suburban and country roads in the year 2025.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts