MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
On my 2011 brutale 1090RR I found some strange tubes in the airbox just below admission pipes.

I searched in the forum I found only discussion related to the airbox snorkels but not really about these tubes.

Does anybody have tested to remove it and what are the performance results ?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Um... why would want to remove them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Um... why would want to remove them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes maybe if someone have tested to remove them and noticed it's improving the air flow.
I never saw something like this in an airbox before

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Yes maybe if someone have tested to remove them and noticed it's improving the air flow.
I never saw something like this in an airbox before
I think you should test remove them and report back to us about any performance gains or losses. :) :popcorn:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I saw it also but did really understand if it was the removal of the snorkels and the inner tubes that give a gain or if it was the complete remapping.

There is also a post where a guy removed the snorkels and noticed a lost in torke at mid-rev.
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3222&highlight=snorkels

I will not be able to make a remapping on my bike, so I don't know what will be the result on a dyno if I just do the airbox mod's.
I could not see his dyno chart also.

I will try to PM him.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello cherche,
I saw your posts related to the modification you made to your airbox. I very interested to do the same (at least for inner tubes) on my '11 1090rr brutale but I cannot afford a complete remmap of the ecu.
Nevertheless I have a BMC air filter, a mv corse exhaust (not cat & no exhaust valve), and a full power international ECU instead of limited power ECU we usually have in France.
Do you think the mod could improve torque or power (note that i'm more interested in mid range power as I'm not doing track session)?
Thanks a lot

·
Registered
465 Posts
If you bought your bike with the BMC filter and that exhaust, chances are it was remapped. That is assuming it's running good. If you have those parts sitting ready to be fitted, you will certainly need to dyno and re-map accordingly.

Generally screwing with the internals of the air box , in a street engine, never net any gains that can be proved. Usually the bike will run worse, have flat spots, run too lean etc. Then more re-mapping and tuning is needed to straighten it out afterwards. There actually is a certain amount of engineering that goes into the design of that air box and those tubes are there for a good reason.

I'm my experience, making more power usually goes hand in hand with spending some $$ on parts and tuning. There's no such thing as a free lunch when it comes to getting real power gains.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Matt,
I think I have a race ECU (ref. 8D00B3344). I don't know if it is remapped or not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts