MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brutale Dragster 800 rr MY15

Trying to diagnose the issue I have with the bike.

Symptom is vibration around low rpm ~4k, drops away say around 8k. In any gear. Less so in low gears as out of that power band more quickly.
It feels like it is coming from around the boot area of the bike, this led me to thinking cush rubbers. I replaced them as was a quick replacement but still have the same issue.
This leaves me with chain or hub or something more serious...

Has anyone experienced this kind of issue before?

tia, Digital.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tyre is new only got replaced while ago, prob 300 miles or so on it (along with the front) neither had any weights on which I thought unusual - I asked my usual tech and he said it happens.

I got them replaced at mv Chelsea so you assume they haven't offed anything up when changing them.

What does a worn hub feel like?

·
Old Wing Nut
24,885 Posts
Did this vibration arrive recently where it did not exist before? Like before new tires with no balance weights?
Very rare to get a tire/wheel that is perfectly balanced without any weights. It happens, but not often. What brand tires did you buy?
Also check your steering head bearings for looseness.... chain for kinks, front wheel bearings and rear hub bearings for roughness or any looseness.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did this vibration arrive recently where it did not exist before? Like before new tires with no balance weights?
Very rare to get a tire/wheel that is perfectly balanced without any weights. It happens, but not often. What brand tires did you buy?
Also check your steering head bearings for looseness.... chain for kinks, front wheel bearings and rear hub bearings for roughness or any looseness.
I don’t feel any issues through the front at all, it’s all low rear. You think steering head, front wheel could impact?

·
Old Wing Nut
24,885 Posts
My experience with bikes is that problems in the front often feel like the rear and vice versa. You must rule out all possibilities at both ends.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mmmm, 2020 Super Veloce 2200ks.
When for a ride on Thursday and I am experiencing the same vibration in the same rev range as the OP.
More noticeable on a trailing throttle.
The bike had its scheduled 1000k service last year, time to go through the check list that's here.

·
Old Wing Nut
24,885 Posts
Side to side is normal as there is a floating collar for the bolt...up and down would not be good.

Reactions: Digital

·
Registered
1 Posts
나도 동일한 증상인것 같아. 3000rpm부터 시작해서 7000rpm까지 차 전체가 울리는 진동이 올라와. 14년식 드랙스터800. 28,000 km운행. 내 생각엔 클러치커버에서 발생하는 진동으로 의심돼. 우리 바이크가 리콜처럼 그것을 교환해주는걸로 알고있어. 난 오늘 센터에 예약돼있어서 그것울 점검 받으려 해. 결과 알려줄께

·
Registered
119 Posts
나도 동일한 증상인것 같아. 3000rpm부터 시작해서 7000rpm까지 차 전체가 울리는 진동이 올라와. 14년식 드랙스터800. 28,000 km운행. 내 생각엔 클러치커버에서 발생하는 진동으로 의심돼. 우리 바이크가 리콜처럼 그것을 교환해주는걸로 알고있어. 난 오늘 센터에 예약돼있어서 그것울 점검 받으려 해. 결과 알려줄께
You have to love Google Translate;

"I think I have the same symptoms. From 3000rpm to 7000rpm, the whole car vibrates. 14 year old dragster 800. 28,000 km run. I suspect it's the vibration from the clutch cover. I know our bikes exchange it like a recall. I have an appointment at the center today, so I'm going to have it checked. I'll let you know the result"

PS: ... I personally don't have the issue with my F3

·
Old Wing Nut
24,885 Posts
Welcome to the family @kilsung !! Please introduce yourself with a post in the New Member section

·
Registered
56 Posts
Does it vibrate at those rpms when in neutral? If yes, engine issue, if no, drivetrain issue. Check tire balance and rear hub nut (both) torque

If it's rpm specific like you say and presents itself in any gear, that means it's not tied to wheel or transmission speed. It would have to be an out of balance situation with the rotational mass of the engine

·
Super Moderator
25,763 Posts
AS above: Is this when sitting still and revving the engine, or when you are riding, and is there a difference?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts