MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I finally got my bike back together.
It now runs a Moto Corse ti full exhaust with their eprom.
Took it out for a test ride and with throttle closed at around some where less than 5000 rpm to before 4000 rpm especially around 4500 rpm there is a strange sound as if something is vibrating massivley. My work shop guy said he has had this problem with two other bikes here in Taiwan.
nothing shakes just this low droning sound.coming out from somewhere but cannot really locate it.
Timothy

·
Registered
236 Posts
twnf4 said:
Hello,
I finally got my bike back together.
It now runs a Moto Corse ti full exhaust with their eprom.
Took it out for a test ride and with throttle closed at around some where less than 5000 rpm to before 4000 rpm especially around 4500 rpm there is a strange sound as if something is vibrating massivley. My work shop guy said he has had this problem with two other bikes here in Taiwan.
nothing shakes just this low droning sound.coming out from somewhere but cannot really locate it.
Timothy
Did you take the noise fairing off? I had this with my Senna. Around 4500 rpm I had a strange vibration, could not really tell from were it was coming. But finaly we realised that the top fairing was virbrating against the air intakes. we putted a little rubber strip and the problem was gone.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mapping? Can you please tell me what is that exactly?
I also did take off the nose fairing. I will look into that to see if that will cure it.
Pier,
Can you please describe what is mapping and I will check that too.
Thank you all for your kind help.
Timothy

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hey,
I have the same problem. Its either your nose fairing or the side fairings that are hitting against either your air intakes or around the gas tank area - a rubber strip around the areas getting hit is your best fix

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
i had the same problem, in the end sussed it out to be the windshield just slightly touched the top of the light and causes a huge noisy vibration at the revs mentioned, you can tell if it is that by pushing down on the windshield whilst riding, or just looking to see if the light and shield touch. If it is that then loosen all your bolts that hold the shield on and pull it up a fraction and retighten, job done.

·
Registered
576 Posts
MV05 EXY said:
i had the same problem, in the end sussed it out to be the windshield just slightly touched the top of the light and causes a huge noisy vibration at the revs mentioned, you can tell if it is that by pushing down on the windshield whilst riding, or just looking to see if the light and shield touch. If it is that then loosen all your bolts that hold the shield on and pull it up a fraction and retighten, job done.
This was the source of my 4k-5k buzz as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It has been raining here in Taipei. but will go test it first ray of shunshine and report back if this is the problem. Thanks to everybody for helping. Really appreciate it.

·
Registered
822 Posts
The instument cluster on my Brutale buzzes at around the same rpm, I usually just mash the throttle and it goes away.... :smoking:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have narrowed it down to my fairing and teh airtube are rubbing ( I think) so have redone it. HAve not had time to ride it. maybe tomorrow i will take it out and see.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts