MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,
2 weeks ago i bought the new gear sensor from my B3 2013 ,after install it i noted a strange behaviour about the gear sensor ... i take my motorbike everyday to go to work ,in the morning it work very well but in the night when i take the motorbike to back home when i put the 1st gear the Dashboard show the "N" gear and that repeat everyday ... contacting the vendor he replied that i should update the Ecu to last bulletin ,already i done it 4 month ago .... there is anyone get the same behaviour ? should i do a reset of the ECU ?

Thanks

Jay

·
Super Moderator
22,357 Posts
I believe there was an upgraded gear position sensor developed for 2014 and later bikes. If you didn't get the upgraded sensor, and simply put in a new faulty sensor, well you can see that issue.

Another thing to try is to disconnect, clean, and reconnect the gear position sensor while the bike is OFF. This would eliminate a poor electrical connection causing your issue.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe there was an upgraded gear position sensor developed for 2014 and later bikes. If you didn't get the upgraded sensor, and simply put in a new faulty sensor, well you can see that issue.

Another thing to try is to disconnect, clean, and reconnect the gear position sensor while the bike is OFF. This would eliminate a poor electrical connection causing your issue.
Dear silentservice703 ,
thanks for your suggestion ... the Gear Sensor i bought was part number 8000B8970 i just followed the Service Bulletin 116 MV

truly i don't know if there are any upgrade about this Gear Sensor , i hope that i did not wrong to buy a faulty sensor ....
anyway i will follow your advice to disconnect , clean and reconnect again and i will let you know the result.

Thanks my friend!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Attachments

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Think the Big 6 pin connectors bridge where your tipover sensor under the seat connects and you feed the long section down through the frame down to your sensor. I could be wrong, but ordered the same cable for my EAS 2.0 Blipper functionality for my 2012 so also curious for those that have fitted the adapter cable.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Think the Big 6 pin connectors bridge where your tipover sensor under the seat connects and you feed the long section down through the frame down to your sensor. I could be wrong, but ordered the same cable for my EAS 2.0 Blipper functionality for my 2012 so also curious for those that have fitted the adapter cable.
Dear PTsalas,thank for you suggestion ... i will check out tomorrow and i let you know ... looking the manual i cannot see any topic related to this cable ...

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
@PTsalas

Hello,
i'm looking forward to upgrade my 2014 F3 with the blipper functionality.
I also wanted to use the above mentioned Cable to get the 5V from the Tip over sensor to the QS.

Could you tell me how exactly you connected the cable?
I understand, that the 2 big connectors bridge to the tip sensor. But what about the 2 other connectors? Did you connect them anywhere or did you just grab the 5v from one specific cable?

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
@PTsalas

Hello,
i'm looking forward to upgrade my 2014 F3 with the blipper functionality.
I also wanted to use the above mentioned Cable to get the 5V from the Tip over sensor to the QS.

Could you tell me how exactly you connected the cable?
I understand, that the 2 big connectors bridge to the tip sensor. But what about the 2 other connectors? Did you connect them anywhere or did you just grab the 5v from one specific cable?
Ignore my comment above regarding it plugging into the tip-over sensor. This was before I figured out how it worked and there was conflicting info about it.

The purpose of the cable 8000C0856 is to supply clean 5v power to your gear position sensor without having to cut your harness. We are just benefiting from this for the use in our EAS2.0 QS as your are bringing the 5v right next to the QS.

The new cable plugs one of the the two 6 pin connectors under your passenger seat to pull 5v power from the diagnostic can-bus (It does not connect to the tip-over sensor). The 2nd loose connector is then used for when you want to plug your laptop to do your diagnostics or load your ECU Studio Rom.

You then bring the white connectors down to your gear position sensor by the front sprocket and plug them into the corresponding existing connectors.

You can then tap off the 5v on this cable with a short wire to connect to your QS instead of cutting your harness at the tipover sensor and running a long cable down to your QS.

Another options is to tap directly off the 5v at the tip over sensor and bring that down with a wire and without cable 8000C0856.

Method 02 Instructions in German are here

He doesnt use the cable 8000C0856 mentioned above, he uses the 2nd method where he just taps into the 5V at the tip-over sensor (not the diagnostic port) and brings a cable down directly to the QS. You will get the idea of what you are trying to accomplish.

Hope it helps

·
Registered
1,099 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: PTsalas
1 - 11 of 11 Posts