MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi all, got a prob with by brutale, i had valve check and only one was out of spec, my mac says that's strange? so he shims it, job done!
here's the problem since getting the bike back, the idle hangs for a few seconds before dropping, it only does it in gear?
so you roll off the throttle and dip the clutch, and it hangs then drops

rpm 1200 according axxone
all readings are fine
tps is at 2.3
tb' s synced
bleed vacuum lines block off as i thought air leak, i have sprayed around the rubbers and boots, the idle hasnt changed

ive had to sync the tb's with bleed screw at 1 instead of 1/5
other wise id get popping from air box on decel, so 2 lean?

could a faulty SAS cause the idle to hang?

im a bit stuck and want to try a few things before sending it in

here's what Ive tried, clean and adjust tb's, found some carbon build up on a few intake valves, so i cleaned them, valve are sealing nice as i had cleaner in the intakes for a few hours and the levels didn't lower
cleaned connectors under gear lever leading to the stand switch and another connector, don't know what that was for but cleaned it, since it only does it in gear, and i was told maybe a sticky pair valve , they valves do seal and un seal as they should, cleaned connector and put it back together and the problem seems to have gone, and after few miles it seemed to come back

any ideas?

cheers !

·
Vendor
5,276 Posts
It's not as simple as the bar end weight catching on the throttle tube.Have you checked that yet?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi chaps and cheers for the replys. yeah check cables and i had free play, buterflies snap back and seem to seal good

defo not bar end throttle is smooth and the bike runs great, just this sticking idle

any other ideas??

regards

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
To do the valve check, I would expect that the tech has taken the throttle bodies off. I would carefully check that they have been seated back in properly and that the manifold rubbers are tight. Just for good measure do a tps reset. Is it possible that manhandling them has nudged the adjustment screws around the plates where the cables mount?
Bit harder to check, but is it possible the manifold to head orings are not seated properly?

As a side issue how did you clean the carbon off the valves?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey mate, thanks for the reply ill look into it tonight,
i cleaned the intake valves with carb cleaner and gun barrel thing from the gun shop,
you can do 3 cylinders at once as one will be open, i let it soak for a bit and scrubbed it,
i have a small waterproof vacuum to get rid of the bits

regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts