MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had just fueled up at the Blue Ridge Truck stop at exit 155 off 81. When I started the truck I heard an awful screach from under the hood. It looks like the air conditioning compressor seized and ruined the serpentine belt.

The truck and trailer was towed to Falzone's, which is a huge towing company. They have some impressive rigs in the yard!

Hopefully I will be back on the road early tomorrow.

This is in the general section instead of kitchen sink since it is MV Agusta related. I have two bikes and a trailer load of parts.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I am sorry to hear about your mechanical troubles!
I hope you can get back on the road soon and that it doesn't cost you an arm or a leg

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Carl,

I'm in Wilkes-Barre on business right now! Had I known, I would have taken you out to dinner last night. I'll be here through Friday. Call me if you're still here on Friday.

Elton

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Carl and Elton are the new Felix and Oscar......

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Randy's old.

I had the a/c compressor seize on my truck once--But when it did it shot molten metal through the entire a/c system...$1500 later...

Fortunately though, it had it's own belt, so i just cut it off with pruning shears and was on my way. Went without a/c for an entire AZ summer, blech

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
carl you cheap bastard.:stickpoke...get a new/newer truck.....that thing is always breaking down on you ( it broke down when you came to see me in TN, wasnt it the same problem) .....I know you got tons of dough stashed away somewhere....your not doing your part to stimulate the economy.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You're right it did. Power steering pulley that time.

I would love an F350 crew cab dually, with the King Ranch option package.

I refuse to spend $50,000 on a truck.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I bet you I can find you a used dually. I wouldn't get the King Ranch Package. I had it on my 05 F150 and I chased it every month with Lexol. It looks great but it is a lot of upkeep. The Lariat which is what I have in my 08 is the way to go.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, down where you are Marty, they are everywhere. And quite a bit cheaper too.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
If Carl needs a new truck, I'm really in trouble! His truck is brand new compared to my '86 F150. I'm in the same boat as Carl, I'd love a new truck, but I'm not spending 50Ks for a truck. 50Ks buys a whole lot of motorcycle parts and track days.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
You're right it did. Power steering pulley that time.
I would love an F350 crew cab dually, with the King Ranch option package.
I refuse to spend $50,000 on a truck.
that is a cool looking truck
I'd love a new truck, but I'm not spending 50Ks for a truck. 50Ks buys a whole lot of motorcycle parts and track days.
Everything these days is based on "how many track days can I do for that price"

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Has she grasped the significance of 32 yet and is she on board?
She doesn't know yet. I'm not sure I really see the need to flaunt the number, "37." I'm guessing she'll figure it out when I'm at the track every weekend. And of course, she's free to add it up if she so chooses.

It doesn't bode well for us.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Carl, just check out Crossroads.com. They are one of the largest Ford dealers in the country. They always have nice clean used trucks. Right now Ford is getting ready to introduce a new Superduty model. I think they are giving $10,000 off on 2010 Superdutys. You know us Southern boys like our trucks.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Us Southern boys like our trucks.
Yeah, us Northern boys like our trucks too. But I like track days more. So, as long as my old '86 Ford 150 can get me to the track, I'm sticking with it. But if I win the lottery, I'm buying a nice, late model dually and a big fancy trailer. And a sailboat. And a speedboat. And a house at the beach. And an airplane. And a Ferrari. Or maybe a Lamborghini instead, I can't decide. And the biggest flat screen TV you can buy. And all 8,000 cable channels. And I'm quitting my job. And maybe I'll start smoking heroin, just to fill up my time. I'm not sure about that last one.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I wouldn't smoke the heroin. I would inject it. As we say in the Army, smoking it gives away your position to the bad guys(po-po).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts