MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gave the bike a clean today, don't want any road salt ruining the finish and while I was at it I considered what upgrades to add to it?

I think the bike is finished off well from the factory so unlike my Brutale I don't think I'll be painting any of the plastics on it.

It does need a radiator guard though which is first on the list. Then maybe some sort of power hook up and a mount for a satnav. I considered just using my iPhone but I have a Garmin Nuvi 2599 which I use in my van which is really good so could just get a weather proof case/mount for that?

Does anyone know if the bikes battery/alternator supply will happily feed power to a double usb socket or will it cause too much of a drain charging a phone and a satnav and leave me with a flat battery?

Then may look at what it costs for MV heated grips and maybe a lower seat.

Other than that I think the bike is spot on :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Heated grips were around £350 if I remember right but my local mv dealer belives it's cheaper (£180 ish) to order and fit new tourismo veloce ones as he believes their the same parts and will fit and work the same for cheaper?

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm perhaps I'll just buy some heated gloves then :D

·
Registered
492 Posts
Does anyone know if the bikes battery/alternator supply will happily feed power to a double usb socket or will it cause too much of a drain charging a phone and a satnav and leave me with a flat battery?
On a Stradale running everyday it's OK for phone/satnav.

But I use a PowerPack
Tested now for more than 60 000 km on Brutale and Stradale.

Nifty

Then may look at what it costs for MV heated grips and maybe a lower seat.
The lower 'Sport' seat is about 200€

After 1000 km of seat torture :jsm: swapped mine with the saddle of some Rivale awaiting buyer at the stea^H^H^Hdealer.
No money changed hand.

In a temperate zone where rain is daily fare not cold
heated grips aren't needed.

I'm flabbergasted at the new (and expensive) Held 'Solid dry' gloves.
Tagged -designed in Germany/made in China-
After 300 km in driving rain they are still warm :drummer: and reasonably dry!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts