MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just purchased a Stradale. She's been riding lots of different bikes for over 40 years and has been on her share of tall bikes. But at 5'2''the Stradale is just too tall even after reducing the preload, pulling forks up etc...

I see that Metisse GMBH in Germany makes shock dog bone links in 20, 40 and 60mm drop. Would be interested in hearing from a member that has installed one of these links.

thank you.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hello,
There are several companies, selling dog bones
Metisse is one of them and OK
Lowering the bike no more then strictly necessary was my starting point
I bought boots with a height of 2 cm build-in
Another 2.5 cm I got from lowering the bike
Please realize that heaving the bike on its central stand becomes difficult
AND, to maintain a proper learning angle, you have to replace the side stand with the Brutale version
I am happy with the result

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,
There are several companies, selling dog bones
Metisse is one of them and OK
Lowering the bike no more then strictly necessary was my starting point
I bought boots with a height of 2 cm build-in
Another 2.5 cm I got from lowering the bike
Please realize that heaving the bike on its central stand becomes difficult
AND, to maintain a proper learning angle, you have to replace the side stand with the Brutale version
I am happy with the result
Thank you for the feedback. My wife already has higher boot soles and purchased a B800 side stand as you suggested. She ordered the 60mm from Metisse, primarily because they offered the most reduction and it has been Tüv approved. She was concerned about rear tire clearance with the undertail at full shock compression and also clearance with the frame / swingarm tunnel and the longer links. The owner assured her there are no clearance issues. We'll pull the fork legs up to a point where there will not be any clearance issues between the tire and radiator at full compression.

I'll report the results after installing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts