MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Looks like a Police scooter :jsm: .
You just need Carabinieri or Polizia stickers on it....

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Another move by MV to copy Ducati. This time on the Hyperstrada. I am interested in seeing the gas tank in comparison to the Rivale gas tank as the Rivale is 3.4 gallons, and this one is 4.2 gallons.

Interesting that it is 10HP less than the Rivale. I wonder if they reduced the size of the airbox on this from the Rivale in order to fit a larger gas tank, and the smaller airbox resulted in a loss of power.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I'd heard they were reducing the power to allow it to be ridden under the EU A2 licence but at 110hp it's still to powerful so I guess not?

·
Super Moderator
24,102 Posts
Enough of this.... GET THE TV ON THE STREET!:thewife:

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Wouldn't the Brutale have been a better fit instead of the Rivale?
If you look at the Ducati Hyperstrada, it's simply a Ducati Hypermotard with a bigger gas tank and small luggage bags.

MV brought out the Rivale to compete against the Hypermotard. The MV Stradale is simply a Rivale with a bigger gas tank and small luggage bags.

You have to understand that MV doesn't do what may be logical to you and me, they simply copy Ducati.

MV, the "Me Too" Italian motorcycle company.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Ok, listen up....
If MV releases this bike in the RR version 140hp with EAS 2.0, slipper clutch and a steering damper......
I'm trading in my Dragster :yo:

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Ok, listen up....
If MV releases this bike in the RR version 140hp with EAS 2.0, slipper clutch and a steering damper......
I'm trading in my Dragster :yo:
Why? :popcorn:

·
Registered
639 Posts
I cant help it guys, I really like this bike!
Especially this color, it only needs an extra 25hp....

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts
It must be you Joost... This is really not my cup of tea...

·
Registered
2005 F4 AGO 2017 TVL RC
6,647 Posts
Ducati came out with the same basic bike and no one is buying it so I hope MV does better

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
And MV's not the only one's Kev

If you look at the Ducati Hyperstrada, it's simply a Ducati Hypermotard with a bigger gas tank and small luggage bags.

MV brought out the Rivale to compete against the Hypermotard. The MV Stradale is simply a Rivale with a bigger gas tank and small luggage bags.

You have to understand that MV doesn't do what may be logical to you and me, they simply copy Ducati.

MV, the "Me Too" Italian motorcycle company.
I saw this.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
And Yamaha have brought out this, clearly someone thinks there's a market for them?

And the data backs that up, the Hypermotard/SP/Hyperstrada is Ducati's best selling model this year with the Multistrada right behind it. Incidentally the 1199 Panigale is some 70 places further down the order, which I think proves you can't build a successful motorcycle company with just superbikes? So all you F4 owners jealous that the attention is all on the naked and multipurpose 3 cylinder platform, be patient i'm sure a new F4 will come, they just need the "bread and butter" money to pay for it ;)

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1415183609.216599.jpg

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I think the TV would have been enough, theses guys are money drunk, too many models.
You could have been right if they had actually released it :laughing:

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Now, not all what MV Agusta creates and builds will and can't be a milestone in motorcycle history, from some they might don't sell much in the end.
From what I know are they producing according the orders they get.
And I guess MV didn't build any F4 last Year, might a few 1090 Brutale, only a few 675 Brutale if at all.
The vast majority were 800 Dragster, Brutale, Rivale and F3 800.
So what is wrong with giving their main customer spectrum even more options and might catch additional interested buyers from other brands.
I said it before MV can build just that what they think they can sell.
Their assembly street is that advanced and felixible.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts