MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's what the dash reads, bike goes to the dealer next week. Won't run anymore. (Dragster 800)
Good thing is that it broke down in front of my house:)

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Maybe this can help, had the same problem once, but only once on my F3 800, hope it is the same. Wiggled the wiring next to the throttle position sensor on the right side just behind the fuse box. Bike started and it never happened again. I suspect my plugs where not making proper contact. I hope it is an easy fix.

·
Registered
60 Posts
What a pity.....I was quite far from home when it happened to me. Lucky for you, it was in front of your house. Still not nice that it doesn't start. Hope it gets sorted out soon. Would like to know what the cause of your issue is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Had the same thing happen on my 2014 F4 ABS, new July 2014, this happened during the break in period before the first 1,000 kms (600 miles). Took it to the dealer for the first service and no stored faults found when plugged in. Has not happened again, but having issues with exhaust fault malfunction now.

·
Old Wing Nut
22,192 Posts
No EFI bike will run if the Crank Position Sensor malfunctions. That's what your dash is saying. Some will keep running in a "limp home" mode if the CKPS fails, but won't restart if you stop the engine.

You could also potentially get this during starting if the sprag clutch is really skipping.

At any rate, hope the dealer has no trouble correcting it and making your ride trouble free.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Side note, does MV include roadside assistance/towing with the new bikes? I would really hate to get stuck on the side of the road with all the issues I am seeing with the Dragsters.

·
Registered
9 Posts
engine - stop - rpm sensor

Maybe this can help, had the same problem once, but only once on my F3 800, hope it is the same. Wiggled the wiring next to the throttle position sensor on the right side just behind the fuse box. Bike started and it never happened again. I suspect my plugs where not making proper contact. I hope it is an easy fix.
Hi all, it happened to me also, some 700m from starting point suddenly my dragster stopped, with this error message. I started to read on my phone the forum, done this and it solved.
The previus day I was washing the bike, maybe the water but it shouldnt.
A bit annoying, any news from someone in this case? Do I have to wait for another stop?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi all, it happened to me also, some 700m from starting point suddenly my dragster stopped, with this error message. I started to read on my phone the forum, done this and it solved.
The previus day I was washing the bike, maybe the water but it shouldnt.
A bit annoying, any news from someone in this case? Do I have to wait for another stop?
Knock on wood, it hasn't happened to me again, and hope it never does, to me or anybody else, not nice being stuck on the side of the road so far from home.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts