MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I've always been a huge Stoner fan. I'd love to see him back in the Big Show, giving the Spaniards a run for their money. But is he only just testing?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
And look at his form! Poetry in motion. Perfect body position. Foot positioned perfectly on the rearset, outer leg tucked in tight, outer arm extended over the tank, head forward, looking through the turn, light touch on the inner knee, light throttle grip...No wonder he was able to work through the somewhat sketchy front-end grip issues on the Duc when nobody else could!

Stoner is the man! Stoner makes riding a 240hp motogp bike look easy.

·
Registered
710 Posts
And look at his form! Poetry in motion. Perfect body position. Foot positioned perfectly on the rearset, outer leg tucked in tight, outer arm extended over the tank, head forward, looking through the turn, light touch on the inner knee, light throttle grip...No wonder he was able to work through the somewhat sketchy front-end grip issues on the Duc when nobody else could!

Stoner is the man! Stoner makes riding a 240hp motogp bike look easy.
I may agree on you, but more important than that is is head ! That is and will continue to be his problem.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well, he's a complicated little fellow Ruilosa, always has been!
Hates the limelight, and PR duties etc.. As he said himself, in social situations "he prefers to be like a quite mouse hiding in the corner" :) But oh boy he's an a God on a motorcycle! Whinger or not, you gotta give him that..

His foray into V8 super cars in Australia has been a huge disappointment for him(which I secretly hoped would be the case lol) He needs to piss the V8's off, go fishing and watch his girl grow up in 2014, then come back in 2015 on the Suzuki and win a 3rd title on a 3rd manufacturer.. Well, I can dream :)

·
King of Bling
9,825 Posts
It would be fantastic to see Stoner back in MotoGP, as the series needs him to spice things up at the front.. He’s one of the best riders of the modern era.

Although the Sponer/Marquez pairing sounds cool, in reality, they would probably be the team from hell.. Marquez is prepared to push the envelope to the edge of the rule book, whereas Sponer is a jobs worth..

Could you imagine the team atmosphere at Honda if Marquez did the Luguna Seca move on Stoner ?… Sponer finds it hard enough to accept when Rossi pulls a move like that, let alone his own team mate..

We can only hope that this Honda test leads to something bigger and a return of Sponer to MotoGP..

Do you think his wife would approve of his return ? ..

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I think Ducati needs Stoner more than Honda needs Stoner.
Agreed.

How about this for a dream scenario? Ducati implements the changes Honda recently made to the V4 design which move the SG forward, thereby increasing tire grip on the front end, and Stoner wins another title on the new and improved Ducati?

How cool would that be?

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Agreed.

How about this for a dream scenario? Ducati implements the changes Honda recently made to the V4 design which move the SG forward, thereby increasing tire grip on the front end, and Stoner wins another title on the new and improved Ducati?

How cool would that be?
Appealing scenario! Would love it!

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Agreed.

How cool would that be?
Valentino's worst nightmare :laughing:

I am not a fan of Stoner the person (well at least not the one that we see in public) but boy oh boy can he ride!!!

It would be awesome to see him back & on a competitive bike. This V8 supercar bullshit is for the birds NOT Stoner!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Indeed Brian lol.. Honestly I can't say I blame him! Personally, if I was in Casey's position, I too would have hated the fame, intense PR commitments, politics etc that goes with the Motogp circus.. Of course it's provided him with great wealth and a chance to earn that wealth indulging his passion and talent, but moneys not the be-all-end-all in life :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts