MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have it on their brute? I had it on my last bike and liked it. Aside from the traction I'm thinking asthetics (I already have some fine scratches developing on one side from my kneee rubbing the tank).

If you have it, where'd you get it and did it fit properly, because I have not been able to locate a brute specific application -only the universal kit.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
are you talking about a tank protector?

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
are you talking about a tank protector?

not quite, i don't think. these go on the sides of the tank to help with grip on the legs. suppose there may be bits that perform the 'traditional' tank protector role.... haven't looked at these in a while....
:conveyer:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are marketed as tank grip/protector - racers use them alot as they keep your legs from sliding around in the turns, really help to hold your position.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I used a universal Stomp Grip kit on mine; it worked well - Lasted about 3-years before the glue gave up.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
The first time i wore my Hornee jeans on my Ducati it scratched the shit out of the tank. None of my other pants have done it, i'm pretty pissed about it.

I bought the Oxford clear plastic stuff. It's a big sheet, you cut it the size you want and put it on the side of the tanks and it's not noticeable until you walk up close. The stomp grip looks ugly and i couldn't bring myself to put it on an Italian bike. The Oxford stuff is great for someone who is just looking from scratch and wear protection.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I liked the stomp grip on my last bike. I had the clear and thought it looked good. I have used the 3m film in the past as well, I just like the rugged look of the stomp grip and it carries the added benefit of extra grip in the twisties. Just trying to see if I can get it to fit with the factory rolled edges because if I cut it then it will definitely look like hell.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got a message into them, they make a kit for the KTM RC8 and the tank is very similar in shape. I'm hoping they will send me a cut sheet with the dimensions so I can double check the fit. Tech-Spec makes one but it's black rubber which I do not think will look as good as the stomp grip clear one.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I love having it on my race bike... not so much for the turns... but for the heavy braking. I've nearly launched myself right over the top of my bike before.

The MV has a very nicely shaped gas tank though and I dont find that I need the stomp grips when riding the MV. Plus I dont brake as hard as I do on the race bike.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't know I'm sliding all over the place- which in and of itself is not a really big deal - but the one small scratch is bothering me. Before it gets worse I'll do something. Anyway they sent me cut sheets for two two different bike models that they think may fit. I'm going to print them, cut them out and check. If it works i'll be happy.

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, Ive been trying to avoid the Tech Spec, because it is black rubber as opposed to the clear stomp grip, but well see - they are my back up plan.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They get very good reviews - and the grips are removable - I have heard nothing but good, I just dont prefer the look - I wish they made a clear one.

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you look at the link I posted that company also sells Stomp Grip Traction Pads that come in clear if that's the look you are going for. But, I must say, the Tech Spec pads are great for grip and with the color scheme on my bike I think they look pretty decent as well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Are these guys good, looks good ?
This was my first time using Viets Performance but I was referred to them by another member on the forum. They are the only company the I found through my searches on-line that made a pad for the Brutale. Even if you go to Tech Specs web-site they don't show that they even make one. So, I don't know if they buy the generic sheets and cut them to order or what, but the end result is still very nice either way. Shipping was just ok and price was fair compared to other sites I had seen.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The problem with the stomp grip advertised on Viets was the size (it is a universal sheet that requires cutting)- I did not want to cut them because you lose the rounded edge. I actually just ordered the "racer ovals" direct from Stomp Design (4.75" x 8.75") they will definitely fit the tank. Ill post pictures of them mounted once they arrive - pretty sure they will look good, my last bike came out very nice with these.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts