MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok.. finally got round to doing it. It was a surprisingly easy installed after I figured out that there was another bolt on the other side of the bike holding the catalytic converter on! doh! :banghead: If it were not for that I would say that it took me 15 minutes for removal and install.

Stock = 18 lbs
Arrow thunder with DB kiler = 4.4 lbs (Aluminum)

Net loss of weight =13.6 lbs without including the passenger pegs and the stock exhaust hanger.

Sounds fantastic. With or without the db killer. The db killer is easy on and off with a snap ring plier. I'll probably leave it off mine, the harleys here need a taste of their own medicine. :)

Here is the link to the video. You should listen to it on a PC with decent speakers. Believe me it sounds even better under load during riding conditions. An added bonus was that this exhaust does not get in the way of my right heel and cooking it like the stock one does.

Full installation notes w/pics on this thread when I get around to it. :)

Arrow Thunder Exhaust Sound Comparisons Rate my vid please! :) Thanks!

-

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Looks cool - sounds even better. i have the original MV race exhaust made by motocorse. Like it but I must admit this make me think once again about exhausts - damm :bandit:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Sounds and looks awesome! How about a fly-by shot and sound(at speed)?

Hey Kilat, where are you? Are you in the U.S.?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Install Instructions

Arrow Thunder Exhaust Install
(Attachments did not show up in order but you get the idea. :))

Remove the 3 bolts on the stock exhaust hanger (Pic 1)

Remove right side rearset.

Remove 1 spring holding the stock exhaust to the cat. (Pic 2)

Remove the two springs on the right side holding the cat to header. (Pic 3)

Remove 1 spring on the left side holding the cat to the header. (Pic 4)

Remove 1 screw holding the cat to the frame on the left side. (Pic 5)

Remove 1 screw holding the cat the the frame on the right side. (Pic 6)

Insert Arrow short midpipe. Install thunder slipon.

Re-install 2 springs for the header and 1 spring for the slipon.

Place Arrow exhaust hanger as shown in pic and secure with rearset screws (without rearset first). This is so you can tighten the strap screws. (Pic 7)

Secure hanger to exhaust bracket with Arrow supplied bolt and locknut. Adjust slipon position and tighten.

Remove rearset screws and reinstall rearsets. (Pic 8)

Voila! Done! Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
515 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to post your exhaust. It sounds fantastic. I really like it without the db killer.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Raindog said:
I love the sound but I bet that thing really cooks your right foot.
Actually not near as bad as the stock ones do. :) If you look closely on the stock ones the pipes comes real close to you right heel. I've had to ride with my right heel outwards because of the heat. Not so with this slipon.

Vlad Drac said:
Sounds and looks awesome! How about a fly-by shot and sound(at speed)?

Hey Kilat, where are you? Are you in the U.S.?
Yes! In Texas. I'll ask my buddy one evening to ride it and we'll do a "flyby" and maybe a wheelie too! Wheeeeeeee!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Hi Kilat,

I'm very interested about putting this arrow exhaust on my 910.

Did I have to change the eprom or do something else for the engine runing as well as with stock ?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Olive,
The fueling on the stock 910S was iffy at best but when we added just the Thunder it was quite a bit uncomfortable to ride slow(especially when we removed the dbkiller), but boy did it haul ass if you grabbed a handful of throttle. "Brutal" would be the word I would use to describe the head snapping torque lash. :) A PC is recommended if you intend to ride it without the DBKiller. We ride ours with dbkiller in and found it very bearable. The sound was just right for me that way anyway.

·
Registered
774 Posts
TX Kilat.

I thing I'll buy this exhaust.

·
Banned
327 Posts
Just ordered this exhaust for my new 910R. Where is best place/price to get a PCIII?

Thanks, Dale McClure

·
Registered
315 Posts
I ordered mine last week after much debate on what exhaust to get. After seeing it and especially hearing it i know i made the right choice! Mine is gonna be carbon fiber to match all the carbon fiber i plan on ordering from emoto. next on the list is putting a satin black powder coat on my spare set of rims. should all look good on the matte black paint job. post a flyby video

1 - 19 of 19 Posts