MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought you guys would find this interesting. I have all the stock parts off the bike as I've got a Magnesium kit on now. Unfortunately I don't have the Mg weights.

Front wheel 9.8lbs
rear wheel 12.0lbs
mid-resonator exhaust 8.2lbs
left and right side side plates 3.6 and 3.2lbs
front lower triple 3.6lbs
rod cnnecting side plates 1.0lb
swingarm w/hub 17.6lbs

and yes i have pics of the parts on the scale :naughty:

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I pick the bike up tomorrow, they were finishing up the 600 mile service today. I almost don't wanna put pics up so no one else does their bike like mine. :grin:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Mika said:
I pick the bike up tomorrow, they were finishing up the 600 mile service today. I almost don't wanna put pics up so no one else does their bike like mine. :grin:
I've had guys copy mine...no big deal...it's cool that people like it.
You should feel flattered if someone chooses to immitate your ideas :conveyer:
Just don't make it look like this :laughing:

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
strangely enough i've never ridden a superbike, you are safe from me at least :toothless

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Veloce, could that really be you with MV gloves...(well what at first glance looks to be)?? Thought I had read a post about a 'branded tart'? maybe someone else.... :)

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
agusta01 said:
Veloce, could that really be you with MV gloves...(well what at first glance looks to be)?? Thought I had read a post about a 'branded tart'? maybe someone else.... :)
I am a branded tart :naughty: ....but no MV gloves.
You will never see me in MV gear...unless it's competitively priced, or better than the renowned brands :laughing:

Correct Alvin...Gloves are GP Pro...wife got them for me for my birthday. It was a total surprise so they hold a nice sentimental value.

The new A* boots are pretty comfy too...
So you can see why I was looking at the A* Vector suit in the other thread......I'd be an absolute A* tart :smoking:

{I really have ambushed this thread ..sorry :rolleyes: }

Please carry on now with the weight discussion :conveyer:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Velocemoto said:
I am a branded tart :naughty: ....but no MV gloves.
You will never see me in MV gear...unless it's competitively priced, or better than the renowned brands :laughing:
sweet more discussion on the topic! ;)

I assume you know someone who owns one or have seen testing by a reputable source to make the comments about it being less than able as "renowned brands". Please tell me you dont base your opinion on pictures. I own multiple A* products, 1pc, 2pc suits and find the MV product to be just as good if not better. :king: :smoking: About $1300+ from my dealer for the suit. Top of the line suits run the same and more. And I feel it's top of the line. (minus a back hump, shin armor- which riding boots provide). :grin:

(sorry for hijack and beating dead horse) this is why we need a gear forum!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I added this to brutaleforum this morn but since it's also cross posted here:

--------------
Cool post!

I have written the weights of the Mg elsewhere, let me dig them up..

-Mg Swingarm 4.1kg
-Mg Frame places 1.08kg each
-Mg wheels 10.4kg

= Mg 6.26kg

Brutale Oro description tells that the Mg saves +6kg with the few cf trim pieces it comes with instead of the plastic. So say 5kg or so saved in total Mg?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
777 said:
sweet more discussion on the topic! ;)

I assume you know someone who owns one or have seen testing by a reputable source to make the comments about it being less than able as "renowned brands". Please tell me you dont base your opinion on pictures. I own multiple A* products, 1pc, 2pc suits and find the MV product to be just as good if not better. :king: :smoking: About $1300+ from my dealer for the suit. Top of the line suits run the same and more. And I feel it's top of the line. (minus a back hump, shin armor- which riding boots provide). :grin:

(sorry for hijack and beating dead horse) this is why we need a gear forum!

I tried the the MV gloves on...bag of shit. Felt crap, thick and cost a fortune. I've seen,touched and smelt the MV leather range. Tried on the black jacket...While the quality seemed OK, I think there is a far better choice for both protection, looks, style and quality elsewhere.
I don't think the MV leathers match the latest technology in safety or comfort either...they are an old design and look it.
Just my opinion...I'm sure the MV leathers are adequate, just not for me.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok some pics are in my gallery. admin could you open the .rar? it's like a zip file

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but if you uploaded a rar into your registry submission and the pictures are now there, then it does it automatically :)

If you uploaded the rar somewhere else..let me know since I don't see it otherwise

·
Registered
593 Posts
Velocemoto said:
I tried the the MV gloves on...bag of shit. Felt crap, thick and cost a fortune. I've seen,touched and smelt the MV leather range. Tried on the black jacket...While the quality seemed OK, I think there is a far better choice for both protection, looks, style and quality elsewhere.
I don't think the MV leathers match the latest technology in safety or comfort either...they are an old design and look it.
Just my opinion...I'm sure the MV leathers are adequate, just not for me.
nothing wrong with a little friendly banter between friends.....

"I don't think the MV leathers match the latest technology in safety or comfort either...they are an old design and look it."

Until there is crash test data what you've said is just assumptions. As far as old design, that train of thought is flawed i think. Some may argue that your F4-750 is old design and looks it. Some may say a 63 Corvette is old design and looks it, does that make it any less appealing and able to perform and please?

The suit is more than adequate. I drive a 06 Range Rover and a 05 Jaguar S-type R. I wouldnt buy something that was old and simply adequate, i usually buy the best hence why I own MVs. :D The suit isnt the greatest ever just like my Jag isnt the greatest ever, but I wouldnt put it down as if it's not worthy or not up to standards. It's just as good as any other suit, yes a bit pricey. And again until there is data we are all sharing opinion and assumptions.

Havent seen the gloves and I also wear A* GP pros. So not everything MV makes is the best. That I agree. Your opinion is based on opinion, not factual data. As is mine. We all see things in different light. :) (damn, can we get a gear forum already!) We can agree to disagree that is what makes life interesting, but let's not put the quality down in the process, since it doesnt warrant it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts