MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the stock gearing on an 04 Brutale S? 14/41 stock gearing? just guessing since those are the available ones on eMotoUK.

I was thinkin about going down one in the front and/or up two in the rear to help with going off the line...but need to know where to start, lol.

Also, anybody else change up thier gearing? What'd you go to?

Also, isn't the stock rear carrier is proprietary? When/if you switch to a Talon carrier, does that allow you to use any other sprocket, like vortex, afam, etc, or do you have to stick with the Talon MV specific ones? What's the advantage to switching to it besides the no-need-to-remove-rear-wheel quick release?

·
Registered
604 Posts
I don't know anything about the Brutale, but on the F4 Ago, I'm looking to go up 3 teeth in the rear. I'm just trying to figure out who has the 520 countershaft/rear sprocket for the bike.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine already has a 520 chain on it. Now that you're mentioning a 520 conversion, I'm wondering if the PO just did a 520 conversion(or does it comes stock with a 520), or if he already did a gearing change....

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anybody know if that Talon carrier lets you use any other sprockets? i.e. lets you have a wider selection of gearing combinations?

I'de definitly take advantage of the quick release deal...I think I'de end up buying 3-4 sprockets to feel out which is the best gearing....but the only ones on the eMoto ar the 41 for the 750, but it looks as if you could use the 43t from the 910 if you have the carrier.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts