MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Is that center screw sticking up? That can hurt, no?

·
Registered
819 Posts
I know right. There is nothing more of a hassle and time consuming as taking the key from the ignition to the gas cap.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Does the cap come off in your hand making another pain trying to figure out where to put it?

·
Registered
398 Posts
I like the security of the key lock however the size of the tank means Im opening it more often than I would like.

·
Registered
661 Posts
The whole fueling scenario made slightly longer when you ride with tank bag installed. Without tank bag and having a keyed gas cap makes fueling fast and no brainer. Having to put down a fuel cap, Id rather simply use a key and open the door on a hinge, less stuff to keep track of. I also like security on my cap.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
And then all you need is one little old lady trying to pay by cheque, one lottery addict getting their numbers checked or a mum and kids who think a petrol station is a substitute for a supermarket and all those seconds you've saved are wasted.

Seriously, I don't get it myself. Nothing wrong with the stock one and no-one's going to be able to dump debris in your tank out of spite while you're not looking.

Si

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
And then all you need is one little old lady trying to pay by cheque, one lottery addict getting their numbers checked or a mum and kids who think a petrol station is a substitute for a supermarket and all those seconds you've saved are wasted.
Better yet... just pay at the pump with a credit/debit card and avoid going inside.

Seriously, I don't get it myself. Nothing wrong with the stock one and no-one's going to be able to dump debris in your tank out of spite while you're not looking.

Si
Me either. The last thing I want is a gas cap that isn't attached and has to be set down somewhere when fueling. And I wouldn't give up a lock on my tank, either.

None of my Harleys have locking gas caps, and I don't care for that. It only takes once, whether it's having someone put something in the tank, siphon gas out of the tank, or the cap gets damaged, lost, or I forget to put it back on before riding away.

Other than de-gloving (which has to happen anyway), using a key to open the gas filler isn't a big deal at all. I prefer it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts