MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took my stock exhaust off my bike and was wondering if anyone would be interested in buying it. i am looking to get around $700 for it. Have has no damage and about 1100 miles on it. Let me know [email protected]

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got a set of Sil Motor Carbon Fiber cans. i put them on and they are amazing. the bike sounds incredible!!! almost like i am riding around on a v-twin, the thing even gargles at me, i love them!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sil Motor??

Can you post pics of your exhaust? :) You said it sounds like a v-twin ( i believe your refering to a ducati with a Termignoni exhaust :grin: )

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i added a couple pics of it on my registry. it is the bike at the top of the list. hope you enjoy, i am!! :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
exhaust??

I have a 750 f4! My boss has the SPR and has the arrow rg3 exhaust! I want an exhaust that sounds louder than that but not like a rice bike aka JAP. what would you recommend? :) By the way is your exhaust FBF? Or is that a good exhaust(FBF)? What List are you on looking for the pics?

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To answer you first question i would say the only way you could make the stock's i have louder is by having them cored, or whatever they call it. They take out all the stock baffles and upgrade them, i have heard it makes them louder. if you just want to get a new set i would HIGHLY recommend the Sil Motors i just put on mine. it took a while to get them but they sounds incredible!! if you saw a post of mine further up i mentioned they sounds like a v-twin on steroids. i am in love with the sound. they will run you about $1000 and up depending on where you get them. the FBF pipes are the the Sil Motors pipes with the Sil badges taken off and the FBF added. now that i think they do have a pretty good price on them at FBF but i had to cancel an order there b/c they didn't give a crap about me or my business. The list i think you are talking about is the registry at the top of the home page, i have submitted a few of the pics of my bike and the exhaust for anyone that wants to see them. if you have anymore question i will be glad to help.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sil Moto?

Hey Chris where did you order your sil moto exhaust from? I would like to order some for my 750 f4! Please let me know the name of the dealer or store or telephone number anything? Thank You! By the way excellent pictures man your bike is sweet! Oh by the way why do u only have 908 miles!!!! You gotta ride more! :)

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have about 1200 miles on it now, i have been traveling for work a lot lately so i haven't bee able to ride as much. i ordered it from Casoli Moto down in FL. THere system cost about 1K, i would say you can go to Ferracci but i am not a big fan of them. i know they have the same system for $855. I still can't get over the sound it has!! it is also pretty easy to instal. if you end up getting one let me know if you have any questions, it only took me about and hour to put on.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Greeneggs&ham said:
To answer you first question i would say the only way you could make the stock's i have louder is by having them cored, or whatever they call it. They take out all the stock baffles and upgrade them, i have heard it makes them louder.
As per Customising thread, do you have any idea about the size of the new "cores" should i email casoli and see if they'll just sell me a set of cores and i'll do it here. I seriously doubt they'll let me do that.

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
First off, if you actually get in touch with casoli please let me know b/c i am trying to get a piece from them i ordered about 2 months ago. i doubt they would just sell you the cores so you could do it yourself, but it is worth trying. you could even contact MV or a dealer and ask them if they knew how to get a hold of the cores. Good luck with the search, wish i could be of more help, and please let me know if you get in touch with casoli in the US

·
Registered
56 Posts
I live in Perth, in Australia. We have a Casoli in Sydney, which is about 4000km away from here, thus my reluctance to send my exhaust to them. The Casoli in the US wont be that much further away than my "local" one but I'll try here first.

R

·
0 Posts
I would recommend you keep them. I also fitted the RG3 set but a high side at Sepang in May resulted in me needing the stock pipes aagin. Any idiot who rear ends you will damage them and a new set will cost you rather more than you will likley get by the sale.

·
Registered
56 Posts
On That note, I've heard that a couple of people have had "incidents" which have lead to the death of their RG3 pipes, If anyone has access to a set of damaged ones and a drill, what would be perfect for me (and any future modification happy riders) would be if someone could drill the rivets out of their damaged exhaust tips and measure the RG3 internal diameter (in the collection box) this process is easily and completely reversable with a rivet gun but i am aware that those with undamaged RG3's would understandably be very reluctant to give it a go.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Craig

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I will have a brand new <1000kms, stock set for F4 1000 with mid pipe avaliable for sale next month...having RG3 fitted as part of 1st service.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I thought i'd give an update on my casoli style pipe conversion, it's a bit harder than i thought, you really need someone who can weld stainless steel. I have a mate that can so if we try again and i succeed i'll post the details.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Greeneggs&ham said:
i have about 1200 miles on it now, i have been traveling for work a lot lately so i haven't bee able to ride as much. i ordered it from Casoli Moto down in FL. THere system cost about 1K, i would say you can go to Ferracci but i am not a big fan of them. i know they have the same system for $855. I still can't get over the sound it has!! it is also pretty easy to instal. if you end up getting one let me know if you have any questions, it only took me about and hour to put on.
Do you have a phone number and/or address for Casoli? I have been looking to do the same to my bike, but I was not too impressed with the stuff I got from Ferracci. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts