MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAs anybody cut open the stock Brutale cans and made modifications for more flow and a better exhaust note?
THX
B

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
modding pipes!

hey Donsy;
exactly what i'm going to do.....you just bandsaw through the weld. i just don't know which end of the core is welded to an end, i'm assuming the rear
all my pipes have the legal stamps on them......some of the 'for offroad use only' ones got welded over and buffed out

then its a larger perforated tube and a 'little packing' :naughty:

yes, Ed, when splitting lanes (filtering) it's legal here.......and when some yuppie twat is flap jawing on the phone or texting both illegal,
we blip our throttles and they usually move :):) they are brain dead, if they hear a noise that disturbs their conversation they actually realize(some of the time) that there is another vehicle on the road:stickpoke

·
Registered
876 Posts
HAs anybody cut open the stock Brutale cans and made modifications for more flow and a better exhaust note?
THX
B
I've often wondered if the cans could be shortened a few inches to accomplish this. I think it would be visually appealing as well. Reduced by the length of the mounting bracket on the top can, weld the bracket back on and weld them back to the pipes. Since they are joined on the back it should be easy to retain proper spacing between cans. The proper cut to match both pipes looks tricky though. Then there is the question of whether welds could be done well enough by hand to match the rest. Perhaps flow mods could be made with open ends rather than cutting the lenth of the cans.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Noel - I hear what your saying about the end of the Cans....but I'd be more inclined to cut at the front end. You can band/re-weld the front, but you're arse might look a bit ratty if the weld is crap and you can't band it.

Oh....and as a H-D rider....yeah man - loud pipes save lives. I often have a chuckle when doing my "Moses" routine when filtering. (especially when I get a conga-line of riders following in the wake :stickpoke) ...its not the filtering that's the problem - it's the differential speed between you (filtering) and the cars

Cheers

·
Registered
871 Posts
Well, I have a full stock system here in the US for cheap. Buy mine and cut/weld all u want and no risk to your own bike if it don't work. Would be a good winter project.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts