MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

A Brutale 800 is still on my radar screen. A huge value of this forum is getting owner experiences. My current take is that MV is sorting out mapping issues and niggling problems on the B3 lineup. At age 60 I am very patient. Houston, TX summer heat/humidity/rain is the slow time of riding for me, so again no rush. I will continue to follow threads. Sometime late September I will revisit a test ride and decision to add a MV to the beloved Moto Guzzi V7R.

Please ride safe, have fun, and keep sharing. I truly think MV Agusta has a superior line of sport bikes.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Oh man, its like sitting is the devils crock pot in Houston. Don't know how anybody rides near the greater metro area considering the insanely crappy roads, even worse drivers, and the unmitigating heat. That certainly is a tough place to enjoy riding.

BTW, did the guzzi have such troubles when released?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Varium,

Thanks for understanding. I am hoping for a bit of dry weather this weekend. We have had over 7 inches of rain the past two weeks--huge pop up storms with lightning and high winds. My riding is all early morning to avoid the worst heat/humidity.

Guzzis when brand new are pretty reliable. Having a good dealer for tune ups, I think, is critical: and for initial new bike set up. My local Houston dealer (MPH) is stellar. Only problems with my bike after nearly two years: a dead odometer sensor fixed easy on warranty, and the well known sticky side stand as the engine heat cooks out the grease. Beware of the last one as it can be a real pain. Owners need to pay attention to typical nuts and bolts for small stuff loosening up. Some models have other well known issues, particularly I observe the Griso. In general Guzzi builds hand crafted bikes, and quality is very high. Many owners keep bikes for years and run many thousands of miles. Some enjoy resurrecting very old Guzzis and getting them up and running.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts