MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The instructions that have been previously provided on this forum I cannot get to work and I can't get into the Dealer Menu to reset my units from KPH to MPH.

I have also sent emails to MV Dealers across the USA hoping one of them would provide the answer. I'm waiting for feedback.

A dealer in Miami even told me they would not give out the instructions because it is for "dealers only". That I need to bring the bike in for them to do it.

What a [email protected] joke this is turning out to be ...... really.

I hate when the little things start to piss me off. Time for a few beers.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Did you try this? ignition on but not running:-

1. On the initial dash screen, press and hold SET and OK buttons at the same time for 10 seconds. Then release, the DEALER MENU will appear.
2. On the DEALER MENU screen, press OK for 1 second until SERVICE appears on the screen.
3. On the SERVICE screen, press SET for 1 second until UNIT CHANGE appears.
4. Press the OK button for 1 second to make MPH/KMH flash then press SET to select the desired units
5. Press and hold the OK button for 5 seconds then release to set your selection and return to the initial screen.

Worked on mine!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

1. On the initial dash screen, press and hold SET and OK buttons at the same time for 10 seconds. Then release, the DEALER MENU will appear.
2. On the DEALER MENU screen, press OK for 1 second until SERVICE appears on the screen.
4. Press the OK button for 1 second to make MPH/KMH flash then press SET to select the desired units
5. Press and hold the OK button for 5 seconds then release to set your selection and return to the initial screen.

Worked on mine!
Yes, I tried this a number of times .....

But I will try again ...... tomorrow

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Worked on mine!
I just did it to mine using the way listed above. Sorry man. I'm not sure what's going on with yours. Should work
Well this is what I get:

I turn the key in the ignition to the on position and the dash lights up and goes through its diagnostic cycle.

Once this has completed, I press and hold the set & ok buttons for 10 seconds and release the buttons.

The screen does change but the words "immobilizer" is displayed on the dash.

I thought this may be the dealer menu but when I press set again for one second the display returns to the original display.

What's wrong with this picture?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I originally posted the instructions. I should have added 'The bike must be running with the kickstand down.'
See if that works.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I originally posted the instructions. I should have added 'The bike must be running with the kickstand down.'
See if that works.
No, this does not work either.

It does not matter if the bike is running or with just the ignition on .... when I press the SET & OK buttons at the same time for 10 seconds all the results is the word "immobilizer" is displayed (in white letters on a black background).

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yeah I had that once when changing the MPH to KPH, I think my finger had slid off one of the buttons, it does work just keep trying..............

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Success!

It's amazing what you can do when you are NOT in a rush and make the time to do something correctly (by following the instructions given to you).

I followed the instructions ..... surprise! They work.

Thanks to all that provided assistance.

·
Registered
456 Posts
congratultions now you know about the "true exclusivity" of mv bikes, its only those few of us that actually can reset the trip odometer is the holy grail on the new bikes. LOL

its a right of passage i think when you buy and mv, can you work the two button magic or not :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
congratultions now you know about the "true exclusivity" of mv bikes, its only those few of us that actually can reset the trip odometer is the holy grail on the new bikes. LOL

its a right of passage i think when you buy and mv, can you work the two button magic or not :)
Yes, I'm still kicking myself for this. But live & learn.

My next adventure will be ........ purchasing the rear hugger and doing the install myself.

I did this on my Multistrada ..... took less than 10 minutes.

After reading many posts about the hugger install on the F4 it looks much more interesting ..... have to remove the wheel ..... so I will need to get some additional tools ...... get ready for the fun ...... ha ha

·
Registered
371 Posts
my10 rear hugger

Talking about rear hugger, I got mine last week. I surprise it comes without clear coat. I bought it from MV Singapore dealer.

Compare the weight of carbon front fender Daytona 675R rear hugger MV is heavier. From my opinion front fender should has bigger dimension, but not sure. I am sure MV carbon rear hugger is heavier though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts