MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fixed the oil pressure sensor found the white gas fitting leaking and something missing from the right side of my air box just an open hole on the throttle body side of the air filter

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,855 Posts
That looks like where the well nut goes for the trim piece.......Better have a look inside and find the brass insert before it finds your intake tract!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its under the air box not on the side right side in between the throttle body and air filter I know there should be a hose coming out of it but my bike didn't come with it

·
Administrator
19,855 Posts
Ah....that would be either the crankcase breather hose ( near the center rear)....or the second air system supply (on the side).

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The left side second air system is there the right side is just a hole doesn't seem right and after looking into it there should be another hose on the right side my bike didn't come with it

·
Administrator
19,855 Posts
Very strange....not the breather, not the second air.....there are no other hoses that go to the airbox!!! Regardless of country.
Maybe it was rigged for a nitrous system!!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Isn't there 2 second air lines

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
On the left side there is an aluminium stub pipe which feeds filtered air to the EBS system.

On the right side there is an aluminium stub pipe feeding filtered air to the Secondary air system. It sounds like you have this pipe missing ?

Central there is a stub pipe contiguous with the air box which is connected to the crank case breather hose.

Simples !

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guess I got the bike without the secondary air system cause it's gone what would this do worst case scenario

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Since I don't know what model bike you have I'm reluctant to comment, please add the model to the registry or to your signature !
EURO 2 bikes had only one pipe coming up on the left for secondary air system, later models had two. Depending on your model, you might have a EURO2 bike with a EURO3 airbox from another bike.

Worst case scenario is that you can suck crap through the hole and destroy your motor.

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
?

Alan:
How about you download the manuals and YOU FIGURE OUT WHAT YOUR 10 YEAR OLD BIKE IS ........

WE can't see it

:stickpoke

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Ahem...This was Alan's first post guys :)

"First off this is my first post on this site as I'm a new member.

I got a 2007 f4r1000 with 4500 mile"

It ain't a bad idea to reiterate the model and year etc I guess when posting..

If someone has removed the secondary air system and left a hole in the airbox where the stub pipe used to be. I'd think Donsy has a valid point and I'd be plugging the hole to stop unfiltered air being sucked in to your intakes..

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Ahem...This was Alan's first post guys :)

"First off this is my first post on this site as I'm a new member.

I got a 2007 f4r1000 with 4500 mile"

It ain't a bad idea to reiterate the model and year etc I guess when posting..

If someone has removed the secondary air system and left a hole in the airbox where the stub pipe used to be. I'd think Donsy has a valid point and I'd be plugging the hole to stop unfiltered air being sucked in to your intakes..
Joe the MY06-07 "R" in the USA had only the EBS valve on the left of the airbox, no secondary air bleed valve.

Why are there so many guys on the forum who refuse to do the simplest task like adding their bike to the registry or in their signature, I am not going to search the everyone's post's to see if he told us where he's from or what bike has.
The B3 section is full of em also, it's getting to the point of being rude in my opinion.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Joe the MY06-07 "R" in the USA had only the EBS valve on the left of the airbox, no secondary air bleed valve.

Why are there so many guys on the forum who refuse to do the simplest task like adding their bike to the registry or in their signature, I am not going to search the everyone's post's to see if he told us where he's from or what bike has.
The B3 section is full of em also, it's getting to the point of being rude in my opinion.

You know what. You're right Donsy and I should have known having had a USA 2007 frame a little while ago and the secondary air valve mounting lug was not there...Good work !

With regard to listing the bike..yes...
It saves us having to search high and low when trying to help a little.

Not referring to OP here but I consider it a bit "off" in general , when being asked to help etc when there is no name and little indication of even the country of the member.

oh well ! :smoking:

joe

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry gents I'll add to the registry not a big deal I thought all f4r1000 were the same still learning about the bikes.
I'm online through my iPhone 6plus so my downloading is limited I've never been much of a computer guy always out of the house and on the go.
I talked to chuck yesterday and as long as my work doesn't work me Saturday then I'm gonna truck my bike to his house and see what we can fix.
I was having a bad day yesterday and to make things worse with all the things going on finding gas leaking down to my engine and exhaust I would've been set on fire if I rode that bike anywhere thank God my oil sensor went when it did cause checking that for leaks is how I found the fuel leak so with all that happening and calling it for the day and putting everything back on the bike I tripped on a box of hardwood flooring my brother left in the garage and dropped my tail fairing and cracked between the brake light and messed up the clearcoat on the right side so now a new tail is needed I was ready to lose my mind and there wasn't a punching bag in sight so yes very bad day yesterday.
Sorry for any confusion guys that I might have caused you I was running around like a parent rushing there child to the hospital just sucks getting the last guys problems.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Cunt on crutches, don't attempt anything else till your luck turns around man. Jokes aside, Chuck will get you sorted, if you need help adding your Country location, your name and/or your bike model to your signature, we can do that for you too mate. Good luck with the repairs.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I registered this morning then said it was pending for review maybe it updates at a certain time not sure.
you can't see my town and country they are showing on my screen under the photo with my bike in the back of my truck on this thread I thought that was showing since July 2014 if not let me know I just filled out my signature all set now.
My luck turned around today I found a mint take off tail that was claimed to be mounted too a bike but not ridden payed a little more then I wanted but it's the proper color and decals for my bike so I couldn't refuse as far as everything else I'm gonna get ahold of chuck tomorrow and between the two of us it should be an easy fix

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
I registered this morning then said it was pending for review maybe it updates at a certain time not sure.
you can't see my town and country they are showing on my screen under the photo with my bike in the back of my truck on this thread I thought that was showing since July 2014 if not let me know I just filled out my signature all set now.
My luck turned around today I found a mint take off tail that was claimed to be mounted too a bike but not ridden payed a little more then I wanted but it's the proper color and decals for my bike so I couldn't refuse as far as everything else I'm gonna get ahold of chuck tomorrow and between the two of us it should be an easy fix
Good work man, thanks for that. The registry should be updated on Monday when Admin get's back into the office, have a great weekend.:)

·
Super Moderator
22,352 Posts
Alan, your location details do show up under your avatar...and they have since you joined.

Attention to details folks.

I'm up and about. At 2 we have to go to a(nother) wake, so just let me know when you are heading this way.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts