MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really hate to start a new thread because I'm sure I've seen it on here before but....

What are the best sticker/films for the brutale. (The sort that protect the paint from road-rocks and giant bugs.)

Thank you in advance...

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
The easies way to apply it is to spray distilled water (from a spray bottle) onto the very clean surface, put the film on, position it then use a plastic putty knife to work the water out. The same method used by car window tint shops.

It is important to use distilled water so it doesnt leave any stains once it dries.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
311 Posts
I did my last bike using the 3M film. Like MV2ENVY said above spray water, apply, and work out the excess water - but I can one up you on the putty knife (use a credit card with paper towel folded over it so you dont scratch the film). Another trick is to hit it with a blow dryer on the curves - it helps the film to wrap around without wrinkling. If you take your time and are patient its really not that hard, the hardest part is cutting it the right shape.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
You could take it to a automotive tint shop and have them do it if you dont feel comfortable doing it yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts