MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if aftermarket stickers differ from original stickers ordered from MV? As usual it is a 3 week wait for items ordered from italy and i checked out sticker packs sold by emoto and was wondering if they differed?

e

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
They are certainly not original, but my guess you would not know unless compared with the real ones.... wait the 3 weeks! :)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
The quality varies on the decals that are available. For example, I bought some from my dealer and gave them to my painter. I got my bodywork back and was surprised to see that there was no white pigment in the white portion of the logo. the decal was on white paper, so I did not know. So the logos on my bike show the color of the panels through where the white is suppose to be -- so the MV is see through. sigh.... :(

The stickers I got for the tank you can see remnants of a white outline in parts of the logo. some decals I've seen actually have a red border so when you put it on a red tank, they blend in.

My suggestion is to be careful of what you order and try and order and extra or two and do a test before you give them to your painter.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
The quality (or lack thereof) applies to lots of the non original MV merchandise....
I was looking at an assortment of MV stuff I have collected..badges, decals, and the like....the obvious non compliance with the original is the colour of the yellow 'gear' and it is a different shade on all of them!!

The original merchandise logos are identical in all cases!

Its only when you compare it becomes so obvious!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was told by the mv supplier that once i place the decals on the matt coat i should wait 2 days before spraying the clear coat over so the decals dont bubble up. The painter said otherwise.. he said that the clear coat has to be laid no longer than eight hours after the base coat is sprayed otherwise the clear wont stick well. Anyone know which way to go? im more inclined to listen to the painter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts