MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.
I need to tighten the steering sleeve nut on my 2010 F4 (item A in the diagram). I'm due to go away on it on Monday and I can't get a tightening tool in time. Has anybody got one I could borrow? I live near the Dartford crossing in Essex so I could come and collect it or meet somewhere convenient. Happy to leave a substantial deposit if needed.
Thanks in advance,
Stuart.

Gesture Font Parallel Auto part Elbow

·
Super Moderator
7,593 Posts
Google the words “Pin Spanner” or “Adjustable Pin Spanner”.
Any tool shop worth their salt should be able to supply you with one.

Just ensure that the holes in the collar titled “A” are slightly larger than the pins on the pin spanner.

·
Registered
F4 312r
343 Posts
You could use one of these
Bicycle part Tool Nickel Font Metal

Available on Amazon prime for next day delivery.
It's a facom 117b
I haven't used mine for that exact application but wherever prongs are required it does the trick.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for both suggestions but I need a socket so I can torque the sleeve to 125Nm. I have made a pin tool to use temporarily but want to make sure it is tight enough. It has already come loose once. Thanks, Stuart.

·
Premium Member
3,312 Posts
Best bet. Fast response

·
Old Wing Nut
24,309 Posts
I have one, but it would be a long haul getting it to you.... Use the pin spanner and lean on it hard to approximate the required torque, You can always do it up proper once you find the tool.
Have you checked the local Ducati shops??? It is possible the will have one that is a Ducati special tool.

·
Super Moderator
7,593 Posts
It seems the special tool part number is 800092857.
It is referred to as a steering cam ring nut wrench.

+1 to Ed above.
I would be happy to follow that procedure and mark where you have torqued the nut to then keep an eye on any sign of loosening as you travel.
Bring the pin wrench with you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts