MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who all has done this?

I've read the articles in the aboves link about the front end overhaul, but I just need to tighten it back down. The whole thing is going at it from a front end overhaul, so they dismantled everything. All I need to do is take off my bars (Brutale), loosen the upper triple tree clamps on the fork legs, and tighten the yoke bolt, right?

Are there any tips I need to know before going at this? Easiest way to ensure I tightened it and that it's flush when tightening?

It looks like I could use a wide screwdriver bit rather than use that special yoke tool. That, or find a spanner wrench that will fit in the holes. It looks like an easy enough tool to fabricate if you have a friend that welds...

Any help? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Never done it, but I wouldn't think you could use the slot to turn it, as this would expand the gap, and bind the mechanism, no?

Maybe a simple 2 point adjustable spanner would work?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Slot looks like that's actually what it's designed for if you don't have the tool.

Check it out:

The nut:

The tool inserted/on top of the nut

The tool

The slot doesn't go all the way down the nut...looks like if you got a wide enough "driver" to go in that slot, you wouldn't need that tool...

I'm still kinda wondering how I go about doing this.....as this nut/set-up seems SLIGHTLY different than most other sportbikes where you just loosen the upper, and tighten the nut then retighten....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts