1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
20,089 Posts
I see no difference in your photos other than the red line added.
I think you may be concerned over nothing.
How is the steering? is there any looseness in the forks; that is, can you feel movement of the steering stem when you rock the bike back and forth with the brakes held on?

And where in this world are you?

Reactions: Jayjaycooper

·
Super Moderator
22,492 Posts
@Jayjaycooper: Dropbox as a photo host will lose the images eventually. Please just post them using GO ADVANCED or just drag and drop to your post.

I agree with Ed's assessment.

Reactions: Jayjaycooper

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would say it has definitely loosened up quite a bit...I'd snug it up again & follow the 10° torque spec from the manual. Wouldn't want that steering head nut backing off.

Sorry I can't upload a pic of the page...it is on page 45 of section F in the workshop manual (Suspension & wheels), hope this helps, cheers Rob

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello All,
i re-post the photos , in fact as mentioned rob1botes should snug it up again & follow the 10° torque spec from the manual (i attached a photo of the manual ) ...

I see no difference in your photos other than the red line added.
I think you may be concerned over nothing.
How is the steering? is there any looseness in the forks; that is, can you feel movement of the steering stem when you rock the bike back and forth with the brakes held on?

And where in this world are you?
well i did not note any strange behaviour about the steering ,just i noted when i move the motorbike in back direction and use the brake i hear a strange sound but i believe it is not related to the steering.

I asked because i don't get any experience about that so i want be sure to fix in case can create trouble in future ...

I live in Vietnam but i am italian ...

Thanks for your great suggestions

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,492 Posts
Ok, now those two pictures are clearly different.

What is the time difference, or what has been done between the picture at the top and the second picture?

If you are rolling the bike backwards and apply the brakes, the brake pads will shift as the rotational forces are opposite of the normal direction. That will make a clunk.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, now those two pictures are clearly different.

What is the time difference, or what has been done between the picture at the top and the second picture?

If you are rolling the bike backwards and apply the brakes, the brake pads will shift as the rotational forces are opposite of the normal direction. That will make a clunk.
Dear silentservice703,
yes i tried to modify the first photo as i could not take an original one so i used photoshop to do it anyway
the first photo was the position Steering Head Nut near 3 months ago and the secondo photo is Steering Head Nut right now , should i worry or it is normal?

Thanks again

·
Super Moderator
22,492 Posts
That explains the perspective issue in that first photo....

I would simply follow the manual instructions and check the steering head nut.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts