MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question for the classic MV experts here:

Was a steering damper a standard item on every MV 125, 150 or 175 that left the factory in the 50s or 60s? Or was it an option?

·
Registered
576 Posts
90% of MV's from that period had steering dampers fitted as standard. The only exceptions being some of the cheap and cheerful models that were very utilitarian and made down to a price.

There where however about 3 different designs used and some parts are now hard to find.

All the best.

Dorian.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you calling my beloved Centomila "cheap and cheerful", Dorian?

You snob pommy!

:)

·
Registered
576 Posts
I wouldn't dream of it.............more than my lifes worth!

No, some of the smaller MV's started using pressed steel gearlevers, poor quality brake and clutch levers, thiner metal in the yokes and all sorts of other cost cutting measures at various times in MV's history. It normaly corresponded with the usual Italian finacial crisis that seemed to happen every so often back then.

In fact MV have offered a 'economica' version of some bikes right back to the early 50's. The pressed steel forks where brought out of retirement on the 2 strokes for just such a reason, although using them in compition and fitting them to the sporting models helped to soften the blow.

Dorian.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts