MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Our F3 seriously need one ?

I think the front end feels to light when rocketing more than 200kmh...Any suggestions ?
The bike definitly needs one.
I got a restricted version 35KW(47HP)(max of 8500RPM) and yesterday for the first time I did full throttle out of a corner and felt front wheel lifting up, and almost went into a tank slapper cause wheel went a little to left/right/left/right.

https://www.designcorse.com/products/motocorse-steering-damper
https://www.motocorsestore.com/en/brands/mv-agusta/f3-675-f3-800/kit-amm-sterzo-lineare-ohlins-completo-2-3.html

As soon as im getting rid of my restriction and start doing some trackdays a steering damper is going to be fitted.
For now I really need to push the bike to get the damper to work so no hurries for me.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Our F3 seriously need one ?

I think the front end feels to light when rocketing more than 200kmh...Any suggestions ?

I'm probably going to outfit my 2017 Brutale with one, I'd imagine the F3 would certainly benefit from one. The options are limited on the new model B3, with only one choice I've found so far being an Ohlins unit that runs about $700. Pretty steep, but when I'm near or over 100 mph she's a bit twitchy. It may never go into a slapper, but coming from my Duc SF848 that had a 4 inch longer wheel base, this thing feels really light on it's feet.

·
Registered
311 Posts
How easy was this to install?
Absolute piece of cake,

Step 1: Remove the existing 2 tank mount screws and fit the damper arm bracket with the supplied longer screws
Step 2: 2 Philips head screws mount the bracket to the under side of the top triple clamp, accessible by turning the bar lock to lock
Step 3: Fix damper into clamp

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks Cruiser, I am really looking for the tube style, the scotts is not exactly my style. Don't suppose you would take mexican pesos, lol....

·
Registered
265 Posts
The Matris damper also works well on my F3.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts