MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know about the Matris one, but damn for $580 usd, that's ALOT for a damper. Even Ohlins dampers for a Duc aren't $580....

Any other alternatives? That guy trying to get a Scotts mount made, did he get it done? Any word on that whole thing?

If the Matris is the only one, does it use the yoke bolt? i.e. Do you need that damn pronged tool?

I've gotten a couple SMALL wobbles on the highway, and just in general when the front end floats under hard acceleration.

Anybody willing to let thiers go? :laughin:

·
Registered
785 Posts
Hi there,

The Matris on the Brutale does not use the yoke bolt, it mounts as shown in the photo below (two upper bolts, two lower bolts), pretty simply to fit. Most of the Matris dampers made for sportsbikes bikes required a yoke nut change and two small holes drilling to secure - a nightmare.

There is a slightly cheaper Matris damper which is the M3 model, not as advanced as the M4R (M3 has less adjustments), still works well in our opinion.

All the best

·
Registered
798 Posts
oicdn said:
I know about the Matris one, but damn for $580 usd, that's ALOT for a damper. Even Ohlins dampers for a Duc aren't $580....

Any other alternatives? That guy trying to get a Scotts mount made, did he get it done? Any word on that whole thing?

If the Matris is the only one, does it use the yoke bolt? i.e. Do you need that damn pronged tool?

I've gotten a couple SMALL wobbles on the highway, and just in general when the front end floats under hard acceleration.

Anybody willing to let thiers go? :laughin:
Good question about the Scotts. I like that damper because of its unobtrusive design.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I put this Matris steering damper on my 910S after a few tankslapper and the end of a turn, on bad belgian road, when I try to put full throttle.

This damper is very well done, easy to fit and with 16 type of damping. Now, I did not feel any tankslapper anymore and bike more stable. A must one.

Attachments

·
Registered
774 Posts
A last one (sorry for bad quality).

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hy all...
I am new in the house

I have been riding DUCATI Monster S4R until last month that I decided to change to MV-AGUSTA Brutale 910. What a change!! amazing!!!

I use to ride on circuits several times a year and so far I have used my brutale in Jarama circuit and Pau Arnos circuit....and the bike demands a stering damper...

My question is...Is Matris the only stering damper manufacturer for MV Brutale????

I am very interested in purchasing one, and I have seen EmotoUK store carry those dampers....Any idea of how this people work???

regards

Carlos

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Hey Olive, is that knob for a GPS mount ?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a buddy who owns a CNC mill. I think I'm gonna buy a damper off eBay, and send him some dimensions to make me a damper.

I think even with a custom CNC milled mount, I can score everything for under $400 total.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got my Mantis from Emoto just a few days ago and installed it just yesterday.
The package arrived to Greece but was never delivered so it was returned.
They had to send it again without charging me, though it was not their fault.
These guys are true professionals!
I still haven’t tried it though.
I think I need a track day to test and adjust it.

·
Registered
774 Posts
cdamb said:
Hey Olive, is that knob for a GPS mount ?
Yes CDAMB,

It's a ram-mount part to fix my GPS. Very happy with this gear. No vibration, easy to fit.

·
Registered
312 Posts
hey Olive, @citymoto in Handzame they say they are building a damperset for the brutale, but they keep me waiting :wtf:
Where did you place yours and what did you pay for it ?

·
Registered
431 Posts
oicdn said:
That guy trying to get a Scotts mount made, did he get it done? Any word on that whole thing?
I've been working and haven't had a chance to get it done, yet. I still have the contact information for the company Scotts recommended and will post when I finally get the thing built.

I'm still worried it's going to cost $300-$400 to get the darned thing fabricated...and I haven't even had my first service done, yet. The lead at ProItalia said he'd rather see it at 1000 miles than at 600, so I'm hoping to get it in to him next week some time.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
It`s kinda off topic but I can`t help it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,388 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
MV Blackie said:
hey Olive, @citymoto in Handzame they say they are building a damperset for the brutale, but they keep me waiting :wtf:
Where did you place yours and what did you pay for it ?

I purchase it on the web by Carpimoto:

http://www.carpimoto.it/product/Lang_EN/Chan_1/Firm_17/Prod_13667.htm

for 540 EUR plus shipping.

I fix it myself on the Brutale. It's really easy, but if you want help, just tell me. We meet and do it together.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts