MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hands and arms are getting a serious work out after rides. to the point it feels like pins and needles when I touch my fingers and thumbs together afterwards..

it may be from gripping the bars to tight, this is normal when u have a brand spankers new bike and dont wish to throw it down the road at great speeds.. a nervous thing..

anyway. I was doing some searching on here. and someone else said the 989 needed a SD...

So. thoughts. brands etc..

I prefer the look of the horizontal skinny ones (like Ohlins for an R1) over them massive metal block style..

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
?

You said it yourself, relax those arms mate. You are hampering your suspension and the bike's natural ability's by holding on so tight. Sort yourself B4 you even think of steering dampers mate ; )

·
Registered
100 Posts
absolutely agree with Donsy, just relax, even if the bars were slapping around in your hands the bike would still get around the corner, have faith and relax

·
Registered
867 Posts
I do agree with the above, but if you really want one then i would suggest the Matris M4R i have one on my 910R and its great its on minimum but still takes care of any headshake and looks "wellard" lol

James

·
Registered
786 Posts
I have the scotts damper. Looks great, loads of adjustments. You can limit the actual angle that the unit works across, so you can isolate the damping when nearing full lock so it doesn't throw you off balance around town.

I usually have the damping turned right off around town. Its much more fun to ride with free movement on the bars in my opinion, especially on a naked sports bike, i just crank it up when Im pressing on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts