MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Find the common factors between California and the UK and you will have the answer to why the roads are worse.

50 years ago California had the best roads in the USA. Now, just the opposite. Pot holes everywhere. Rough surface from excessively heavy trucks. When I cross the border from CA to any bordering state the change in road quality is immediately obvious. On a recent ride I was particularly impressed with the Arizona roads. Hwy 89 south of Prescott is as good as it gets. Wide, smooth, perfect banking stunningly beautiful scenery.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
3 proven killers of Asphalt Road:

1. Rain
2. Snow
3. Heavily loaded Traffic (Lorries), overloaded trucks do exponential damage to roads compared to regular passenger cars.

If your country has those, you probably also have shit roads despite any maintenance strategies.

I think the UK in this case is shit out of luck.

I was in Lima Peru earlier this year, the road surfaces where near perfect despite the huge volumes of traffic. It never rains there. Ever.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Also there are many reasons to adjust your tyre pressures, but comfort is not one of them. You better off playing with the suspension.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts

I would suggest that not allowing too many people to come into our country to live may become sensible in that our road system is struggling to cope, and our villages our being expanded to the point some of them are growing into one another. If we can't cope with our own expanding population why let more people in from outside the country? Years a go it wasn't that hard to see a local Doctor, now it can be quite hard.

A very important discussion with many interconnected sub-subjects that in our sad days we can not seriously discuss publicly. It is all heavily polarized, unbearably childish and ridiculous.

What you wrote will instantly raise flags as covertly racist, nationalistic, xenophobic or whatever label in trend.

I somewhat follow UK politics. I have no words for the current state. All sides.

In related manner, there are on-going discussions about mass tourism that destroys the city of Barcelona. The city is getting annihilated physically, culturally and socially. The very essence and character of the city is under threat, as with other European cities. I won't even talk about cases like Venice, Italy. Too painful.

Well some groups come to the discussion with slogans like "Tourists go home, refugees welcome". Simple as that! No problem!

No comment.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts