MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all the Sydneysiders its been a looooong time coming but we finally beat those stinky maroons in state or origin. And wasnt it sweet too see thurston with the shits hahaha

Shit team. Shit supporters.

Go you blues.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The highlight was watching thurston forearm josh reynolds on the ground in the dying minutes.

My mate was out with the blues on wed night he asked reynolds wat he said to JT. He said. " its allover sunshine" hahahaha

·
Vendor
5,284 Posts
The highlight was watching thurston forearm josh reynolds on the ground in the dying minutes.

My mate was out with the blues on wed night he asked reynolds wat he said to JT. He said. " its allover sunshine" hahahaha

At the time,that was probably enough for JT's blood to boil.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
OK.....eight posts in, and I still haven't a clue......

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Randy

Its the suprbowl equivelent in oz. the northern state queensland vs southern state new south wales. Its the biggest 3 game series in the league. The blue team is new south wales we have lost the series 8 years in a row until now.

Heres a video
http://youtu.be/K8dmR-OCBsA

Dahamn, just dahamn.......what have we been missing? GREAT video.

OK, big rivalry, I get that. Fairly one sided of late favoring the maroons, correct? Best two out of three game series, yes? How many teams in the league? When does the season run? Amateur or professional? Is rugby more revered or soccer in Oz?

We'll leave the arcane rules and strategy for another thread. Back on the sideline for me.......carry on. :)

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Depending on which State you're in Randy, vast differences from State to State and even City to City.
I don't think Soccer is as big in Australian crowd pulling as AFL in or Rugby League in some State's, but it's huge in others and growing quickly for some weird reason.
Then there's Rugby Union, growing steadily from what I hear, but no match for Rugby League or AFL in most States or City's.
Coming from South Africa, Rugby Union was the sport to follow, as well as Cricket, when there's no bikes or cars to follow, I very quickly decided that I like AFL, a very fast and exiting game to watch.

Over here in West Aus, there's no Rugby League, Rugby Union is fighting to get bigger because of the amount of South African and Kiwi imports, and Soccer is being shoved down our throats at every corner.

Pro Soccer movements now sell the game to hapless Moms at schools as the "save for your boy" sport, Rugby and AFL can hurt your little son.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
I have played all the codes ,except for soccer,AFL was fun, but i got penalised all the time for tackling incorrectly,due to my league background,played for Wests and played under the Amco shield for school,played Union for school also,but league was my passion,played with and against Meninga ,Belcher and Bousted in the Masters a while back,Kerry is a great bloke,set me up for a brilliant try.Love all the codes and watch a few AFL games when i get the chance. Just not as big up here ,but is growing.Still play touch footy.

Shit there's my history

cheers eddy

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
dont want burst the cockroach's bubble but QLD had to loose or NSW wouldnt play again

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Wow, one in row. Come back in 8 years if you get nine in a row, then I'll be impressed.

Congrats to the Blues.

Congrats to the Blues. Still hate ya's though lol.

I was dissapointed that JT let the niggle get to him...I thought he was above that.

And now there is talk of a Paul Gallen statue? Really?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts