MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have the dealers/importers/service network for MV improved in the last few years?

I'm about to buy another MV after writing my SPR off (high siding off a cliff will do that) about 7 years ago. Threads like this are making me question my sanity though:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27886&highlight=Gosford

Mechanically I have 10 thumbs so I'm not keen to do the work myself and I live in Canberra where there is no dealer so I'd have to take it to sydney for work.

Thoughts? Should I just buy something else instead?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
it was easy when PFG ran it , you could get a list of approved dealers and recommended service centers

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers. But has servicing/parts supply/warranty cover improved? Any dealers /mechanics that are really good and trustworthy?

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Mate you have moto tecnica in north sydney who are an authorised dealer and service centre you have trooper lus garage in moorebank as well. If your buying a new bike they will cover your service and warranty im not too sure how much better spare parts has gotten but its better than before. But you first need to tell is what model you are wanting to buy? Just so you know my CC i change the oil and filter myself and anything else i take to zach at xpolsive performance or spiro forum member spypyp.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers mate. I was aiming to drop a deposit on a 1090rr this week (dealer yet to be chosen) however got cold feet reading all the horror stories about inept mechanics that break bikes/stuff up basic services and the multi-week waits for basic spare parts. I'm in Canberra so any trustworthy mechanic trained/equipped to work on MVs locally would be great (Moto Garage is supposedly an authorised place according to facebook but not on the importers web page) however I'm prepared to travel to Sydney to get things done. Saying that, if I go to the hassle of taking the bike to Sydney to get stuff done I also want to know it will be fixed correctly, first time everytime. I'm also intending on getting the bike re-sprayed and pimped out with CF, titanium race exhaust etc etc so a dealer that can be trusted to pull things apart and put things back together in the correct places would be a bonus.

So are there any mechanics in the Canberra/Sydney area that are widely regarded as gurus? Is there anyone able to recommend (or otherwise) any of the Sydney/central coast dealers?

Worst case I'll just buy a Panigale since parts/servicing should be a lot easier (looks like Ducati have discontinued the larger Streetfighter model much as I'd prefer a naked)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi Troz

Moto Garage was an authorised service centre. He doesn't do the warrantee work any more but I'm still taking my F3 to him for services etc. As far as I know Trooper Lou's does not sell MV's and I don't think they are an authorised service centre any more either.

I haven't had much to do with Moto Tecnica other than ordering a blinker from them (which needed to come from Italy and took weeks to arrive)

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Mate in all honesty. If your worried about spare parts and service for the MV then just buy a pannigale. Dont get me wrong but buying a MV you have to accept that things are slow from italy and the bike may have some hiccups which most of the time is a easy fix. If you love the brand then none of this should alter your decision. I only started recently working on my CC changing the oil filter and oil. Not hard at all and i enjoyed it. If your worried about parts and service by a jap bike they never breakdown compared to a italian. But if you really love the brand then go and buy the 1090rr and if ever anything arises your a member of the best forum with top guys who can help you fix it your self of find you the parts you need quickly. Dont wory too much about the service and parts in my opinion.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Having owned a F4 SPR before, I'm familiar with (and accepting of) the vagaries of MV ownership. All I'm after is confirmation that warranty work isn't a nightmare to deal with/have approved and that there are at least a couple of trustworthy and reliable places I can go to and have work done (preferably in Canberra or within a 3 hour radius) without having to double check that they haven't stuffed up something else. I'm simply after some balance to the nightmare stories on this forum as I'm aware you rarely hear the good news stories - only the terrible ones.

Put it this way, can anyone recommend any high quality and trustworthy MV mechanics or dealers between Canberra and Newcastle (Sam worthingtons ?) or Canberra and Albury. I simply don't have the time or skills to do everything myself and want a stress free place to take the bike for work.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Parts supply is generally ok unless you try getting anything in August. Stuff from Italy seems to arrive in a week or two now and you can order stuff from Europe or USA yourself if you are in a hurry.

To answer your question, Moto Technica at Artarmon. Speak to David to buy the bike, Frank to service it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers mate. Looks like I'll get in touch with a delear and try to negotiate a deal this week then. Moto Technica is the closest MV service centre to me so its a relief to see people trust them.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
1090 rr, get it, ride hard and enjoy ,its like a lucky dip.my mate has 21000 km on his with zero issues,but i know another friend who has changed his timing chain tensioner 3 times ,wonder who that is Lol.Great bike ,best in its class. Ducati Panigal ,have 2 mates who have sold them after 3 months ,bitch of a bike .

my 2 cents worth

·
Registered
133 Posts
Troz, buy what you Heart tells you too. My F4r has been occupying space at Moto Tecnica and the guys have gone well beyond the norm and been great to deal with. Yes parts come from Italy. If you want reliable and boring buy a Fireblade. Frank rang me this morning to see how the Bike was on weekend as I Picked it up Friday. How many mechanics at Bike shops do that. I bought mine at Worthington but haven't been back. Enough said. Dave and Frank ride what they sell and service and have passion. Your not dealing with a salesman and an apprentice like other shops. If your on Facebook also look at MV agusta club Sydney group which Dave is pushing to build the brand.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Troz, buy what you Heart tells you too. My F4r has been occupying space at Moto Tecnica and the guys have gone well beyond the norm and been great to deal with. Yes parts come from Italy. If you want reliable and boring buy a Fireblade. Frank rang me this morning to see how the Bike was on weekend as I Picked it up Friday. How many mechanics at Bike shops do that. I bought mine at Worthington but haven't been back. Enough said. Dave and Frank ride what they sell and service and have passion. Your not dealing with a salesman and an apprentice like other shops. If your on Facebook also look at MV agusta club Sydney group which Dave is pushing to build the brand.
Cheers mate. Looks like I'll be trying to negotiate a deal on a 1090RR tomorrow and then use Moto Tecnica for the work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts