MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who insure your MV with State Farm, can you tell me what they coded the manufacturer as? My agent claims to not be able to find MV Agusta, Cagiva, etc...

Thx

·
Registered
643 Posts
I just switched from State Farm because for some reason my Ducati 1098 was only $220 every 6 months for full coverage and yet the MV is $1300! How is that? I don't know how they coded it, but it was obviously wrong. Good luck, I switched to Gieco.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem with Geico is they have zero tolerance for speeding tickets, and I, ahem, seem to collect them :) State Farm allows 2 per year.

·
Administrator
19,861 Posts
Check out Dairyland Insurance...very motorcycle friendly.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
I've had state farm forever. To my knowledge they've always only gone with engine displacement.

They DO have MV AGUSTA correctly. I had F4 and currently have "BRUTL 910S" for mine so it's correct.

It's my SECONDARY vehicle with them and its well priced

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I just switched from State Farm because for some reason my Ducati 1098 was only $220 every 6 months for full coverage and yet the MV is $1300! How is that? I don't know how they coded it, but it was obviously wrong. Good luck, I switched to Gieco.
Doesn't sound right....may be try another agent....mine has always found the correct bike if asked and it was pretty much the same I pay for my Ducati....

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
I've had state farm forever. To my knowledge they've always only gone with engine displacement.

They DO have MV AGUSTA correctly. I had F4 and currently have "BRUTL 910S" for mine so it's correct.

It's my SECONDARY vehicle with them and its well priced
Same for me, I pay $320/year for my 06 910s

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I found out... State Farm only has 'MV Agusta' for 2003 model year and above. Anything earlier than that gets coded by displacement plus MSRP when new. I compared a quote on the 2000 F4 with the 2003 they have in their system and it looks spot on (i.e. within about $30 per year).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts