MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Team,

Happy new year and all that!

I was just curious to know what the ramifications of starting my 2000 F4 750 before the start up process is completed (ie needle up and down).

Just in case i ever need to escape in a hurry!:f4:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
nah, just press the starter and the tach jumps back to engine speed, doesn't make any differnec at all:)

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
nah, just press the starter and the tach jumps back to engine speed, doesn't make any differnec at all:)
Right, it doesn't matter when You push the button, the Bike will start with performing the fancy show or not.

·
Administrator
18,854 Posts
Still.... I like to let the electronics do their little self test dance out of respect. I'd be very unhappy with myself if it eventually did cause some problem.....

·
Registered
395 Posts
Still.... I like to let the electronics do their little self test dance out of respect. I'd be very unhappy with myself if it eventually did cause some problem.....
That's exactly my reaction, though I thought I was the only one! Hey- my bike wants to show off a bit before we go, so be it. My baby gets what my baby wants.
:f4:

·
Registered
447 Posts
escpape from jealous husbands or what !! ha ha
i like to let mine do its thing first too as it
does look cool

steve

·
Registered
673 Posts
Yea, every time someone sees me turn the bike on and it does that, they stand mouth agape.
For some reason that little tach sweep really turns people on.

A couple of times, though, when I started before letting it finish, the tach pinned against the needle on the high side. Like it was off by a full 360 degrees.

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
Yea, every time someone sees me turn the bike on and it does that, they stand mouth agape.
For some reason that little tach sweep really turns people on.

A couple of times, though, when I started before letting it finish, the tach pinned against the needle on the high side. Like it was off by a full 360 degrees.
ditto on that... I sometimes hit the button by accident (too soon) and the needle looks as if it is going to come out of the guage face! I like to let mine do it's thing before I hit the starter button

·
King of Bling
9,809 Posts
Like others have confirmed, It causes absolutely no problems to the bikes functions or performance ..

Have any of you guys seen the 1098 display trick.. very nice indeed . or better still the Aston Martin Vantage facia display..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts