MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has probably been discussed before.., and although I did a quick search I apologise if I missed it.

I'm just wondering if you guys let the dash clock hand do it's diagnostic sweep 'Every' time?......, I do.....,but was wondering if it is necessary 'eg' if you switched your bike off for a few seconds then re- started., or if you stalled the bike and were at the lights??.

What's the thinking out there?:)

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Good question Brian,I just hit the button,But i probably should wait,as the priming happens at this point also.I do wait sometimes .

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hiting the start before the diagnostics has completed is THE easiest way to reset the trip meter but I try to avoid it as it doesn't sound great.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I mean is ..., if you pull up into a mates driveway and switch the bike off and then realise immediately that it's in a bad spot so you re start and pull it over a little.

You know what I mean..., do you wait for the sweep 'Every' time??

·
Registered
517 Posts
I almost always wait. I figure there's a reason it's running diagnostics every time I turn the key on. :wtf:

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
When you turn the bike off with the key, and you turn it back on, the ECU does a full "check" if you can call it that, including TPS position, start from scratch. So a good idea to let it do the full "check" before starting the bike.

If you stall the bike or turn it on/off with the "run" switch, it refers back to the original settings and does not do a full "reset" if you know what I mean. So no problem if you quickly restart it then.

I might be wrong, but this is what I was told, and I'm pretty sure it applies to the Microtec at the very least Brian.

This is just going to go back to that "How do you turn your bike off" thread isn't it.

So in short, no not every time.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
What I mean is ..., if you pull up into a mates driveway and switch the bike off and then realise immediately that it's in a bad spot so you re start and pull it over a little.

You know what I mean..., do you wait for the sweep 'Every' time??
Yes, Brian, every time.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know what you mean Donsy., Chuck.., Eddy.., etc.

Like you Chuck I let the sweep hand 'do it's thing' Every time and because I always use the key to switch on/off (nearly never use the 'kill' switch) what Donsy says makes sense.

I was just wondering what others do as I have to admit it is a little bit of a 'faff' (even though I do it) switching the bike off ..,say at a petrol pump.., realising it's out of order then switching the ignition back on., short delay ., sweep hand does it's thing ., start bike ., engage gear ., pull bike up 10 feet only to find the car behind with an impatient driver pulls out round you and gets to it first:).

Just interested in what others do and the 'pros/cons'

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts

·
Vendor
5,280 Posts
Just like you Brian,I turn the ignition on,let the ECU do it's checks while I am fiddling around putting my gloves on.:)

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
I like the sweep. It pleases me so I watch it and it makes me happy that I am riding a veritable technological Marvel.

It reminds me also of the Busa. That used to do a Speedo sweep like that...Only I was on it and it was moving... ; )

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yep, me to, full diagnostic check before starting...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts