MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks I’m new to the MV world. I’m ianfergy with a 13 Brutale 800. Just loving the last 12 months riding regularly around the snowy Mountains Australia.
I recently returned from a trip on the great ocean road in Victoria when I started experiencing starting issues as in not starting Till after two or three goes and then sometimes after six or seven Attempts. Can anyone tell me if this sound like a clutch issue?

·
Administrator
18,854 Posts
Hi folks I’m new to the MV world. I’m ianfergy with a 13 Brutale 800. Just loving the last 12 months riding regularly around the snowy Mountains Australia.
I recently returned from a trip on the great ocean road in Victoria when I started experiencing starting issues as in not starting Till after two or three goes and then sometimes after six or seven Attempts. Can anyone tell me if this sound like a clutch issue?
Has the sprag ever been updated? Does your bike have the latest ECU map with the starting sequence programming changes? Is your battery up to the task? How many miles on her now? Possibly time for service and/or new spark plugs?

So many variables. I have moved this to your own thread with this question. Hope you don't mind

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had same problem. The clutclever switch was faulty. Disconect the socket (close to clutclever). Socket on the dash side:Shortwire it. Pece of metal in +and -. Start the bike. If it starts and keap on duing this, then you have found your sinner. Order a new clutclever switch. Happy riding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts