MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

After a ride about 100km today....half way we stop for a while

Continue from the stop...Im facing problem to start my bike.

It cranks but did not fired up....after on and off the keys few times and cranks, it it successfull started. It happen few times recently

Is there anybody else facing this symtoms ?

Is it because of the battery?

I recently upgrade the mapping does this related?

Thanks

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
I would certainly start with the battery. If it is a Koyo, replace it with a quality unit.
From there, the usual checks, voltage, load check, charging system output, etc.
Follow the troubleshooting guide in the workshop manual.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would certainly start with the battery. If it is a Koyo, replace it with a quality unit.
From there, the usual checks, voltage, load check, charging system output, etc.
Follow the troubleshooting guide in the workshop manual.

silentservice, yup its Koyo ! I had notice this few time...when i did charge it...all ok for a week

If i did not charge it, ill make the same problem on startup

Others all good...ill get the battery replace with a good one...

Thanks mate

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
No worries mate. There is plenty of documentation on the failure of Koyo batteries in short order. A quality Yuasa or equivalent battery should set you right.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Or do it yourself? I just bought a lithium polymer battery (The one from the MV website - LiOn).

Will be fitting sometime next week.

Just wonder if the battery tender that came with the bike can charge it. Sent an email to Battery Tender and they say they've never tried it with a lithium battery, but they also say it doesn't have the desulphurisation mode that damages lithium batteries.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Or do it yourself? I just bought a lithium polymer battery (The one from the MV website - LiOn).

Will be fitting sometime next week.

Just wonder if the battery tender that came with the bike can charge it. Sent an email to Battery Tender and they say they've never tried it with a lithium battery, but they also say it doesn't have the desulphurisation mode that damages lithium batteries.

Yeah think to buy and try to replace it on my own...

Whats the different on the battery u bought with the standard battery.

Does it save weigh or more stable ?

AzcrossplaneMV

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi guys,

I've had my F3 800 for around 5 weeks now and recently have been experiencing this starting issue, both hot and cold, and after longer rides. My first thoughts were the battery may be faulty, and the dash was displaying "Battery Voltage Low 9.3V" while trying to start and steadily decreasing each time thereafter. I pulled the battery out and did some testing over the weekend and all results came back showing the battery was in good repair/operation. I'm just curious though, if the starter is kicking fine and it's cranking over, can anyone explain it isn't firing?

I guess if it's just an issue with the standard batteries a simple replacement might be my best fix, but like I said, I was just wondering if anyone can shed any mechanical light into what is happening and why it's not starting regularly.

Cheers guys.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi guys,

I've had my F3 800 for around 5 weeks now and recently have been experiencing this starting issue, both hot and cold, and after longer rides. My first thoughts were the battery may be faulty, and the dash was displaying "Battery Voltage Low 9.3V" while trying to start and steadily decreasing each time thereafter. I pulled the battery out and did some testing over the weekend and all results came back showing the battery was in good repair/operation. I'm just curious though, if the starter is kicking fine and it's cranking over, can anyone explain it isn't firing?

I guess if it's just an issue with the standard batteries a simple replacement might be my best fix, but like I said, I was just wondering if anyone can shed any mechanical light into what is happening and why it's not starting regularly.

Cheers guys.
MVWill

I think we should try replacing the battery and observed for some period.

Mine did the same after medium to long ride recently.

Does not happen before. I had the bike for almost 3 months now.

On dash all ok...no error code or what so ever

AzcrossplaneMV

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Hi ,I am not an expert on the f3 ,but i will put my 2 cents in here,might be the leads ,earth lead, battery + lead ,and starter lead. Now i know this was a major issue with my 1078.I needed heavier leads. not sure but could be the issue.

cheers eddy

·
Registered
87 Posts
had the same problem with the stock battery my self ... replaced it and all is good ... dont need to tender it at all.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Meaning its the original battery that mostly giving starting problems...

will replace it this Friday and monitor...:f4:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Had the same though, battery and connections were fine. Trooper Lu's couldn't find any faults. Try letting clutch all the way out to the point were u are just holding it. Will save you some coin and time. Works on my 800

1 - 20 of 117 Posts