MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any issues restarting (after stalling their bike).

I have a 1078 Brutale and this has happened twice. Once stalled at traffic lights and today when parking (putting stand down in gear - cut out as expected).

The bike will not start for a while and all lights on dash flash on and off when attempting. After leaving it a few minutes it works ok.

Any feedback appreciated.

·
Registered
605 Posts
happened to me once, after 1/2 hr of hard riding came into town and stopped, went to start 5 min later and it would turn over then nearly kick in but wouldnt run just die, started after about 4 goes.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Same thing happened to me at least 3 times always at traffic lights(thought there might be a conspiracy thing going on with traffic lights)The bike would start after a few minutes and behave normally .Had Xbikes microtec ecu fitted and the problem disappeared.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I would be thinking about corrosion in the wiring loom where it bends under the frame on the front RHS, near the fuse box. Water gets in and a joint fails. If it gets really bad, have a decent main dealer (Jap or otherwise) with an electrician to delve into the loom and sort it.

It took my local Honda shop 2 hrs to fix - a bargain.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have 910s and this happens to me every so often. If the radiator fan is running when I try to restart, the battery doesn't seem to have enough pull to crank the motor over. Once the fan stops, it will start.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I personally think it's a fault in the computer. I have a 2006 F4 and a 2009 Brutale 1078RR and I've had them both do it. One time I was in the garage when it happpened. I reset the computer by removing the positive battery cable and the bike started normally.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts