MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
The motorcycle sometimes starts very hardly. And usually quite normal. Cold starts mostly normal. But sometimes when it is warm or hot, it has trouble starting. It tries to start for about 4-5 seconds, then there is a loud click and it stops the start process. But luckily most of the times it starts good.
F3 800ccm MJ 2014/12 about 6400km
The Battery is not the problem.
Need some advise. Will soon go to the dealer to change tires. Maybe I can solve the problem beforehand.

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
When I changed the battery, I had to lift the tank. Maybe a gasoline hose has twisted. Can this be the reason? 馃

Administrator
Check your ground cables...especially connection from battery to chassis/engine.
If it was a fuel hose I would expect consistent problems, not random....and the click sound is an electrical symptom.

Registered
The motorcycle sometimes starts very hardly. And usually quite normal. Cold starts mostly normal. But sometimes when it is warm or hot, it has trouble starting. It tries to start for about 4-5 seconds, then there is a loud click and it stops the start process. But luckily most of the times it starts good.
F3 800ccm MJ 2014/12 about 6400km
The Battery is not the problem.
Need some advise. Will soon go to the dealer to change tires. Maybe I can solve the problem beforehand.
It's just like me.

Generator - Ok
Battery - Ok
Cool start - Ok
Hot start - never

Believe it or not (I've ignored this method several times) but it worked out perfectly by loosening and tightening several wiring contacts from the battery to the start motor.

Go to a reliable store and ask for it this way, a hundred dollars will do.

Be careful:
I almost exchanged batteries, generators, and start motors. Maybe some shops will replace everything we mentioned above with a new one, which could cost over a thousand dollars.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Hello thanks for all the hints and help. I found the mistake. It was probably due to the battery cable, because the screw on the minus pole was a bit loose. I also found a cable under the tank that was a little loose. But I think it was because of the loose screw. The motorcycle now starts great.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
It's just like me.

Generator - Ok
Battery - Ok
Cool start - Ok
Hot start - never

Believe it or not (I've ignored this method several times) but it worked out perfectly by loosening and tightening several wiring contacts from the battery to the start motor.

Go to a reliable store and ask for it this way, a hundred dollars will do.

Be careful:
I almost exchanged batteries, generators, and start motors. Maybe some
You were right. Thanks to you I saved a lot of money. Thanks to everyone. 馃檹馃榿

Registered
Nothing like a sunshine story sometimes :D

Registered
Looking at all the threads about starting and running troubles with our MVs - the electrical system comes up as the culprit 95% of the time.. out of that "loose connections" seems to be the most common..
In other words: Part of regular maintenance of your MV regardless of age or milage: Check, clean and tighten ALL electrical connections ..

Administrator
In my career experience in motorcycles, loose connections are the cause of the problem in 99% of electrical faults, regardless of brand.
I can't begin to count the number of perfectly good parts replaced because of a poor connection. Of course, the problem was corrected with the replacement....because the connection was repaired in the process.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts