MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I own a 07 F41000R. Starting about a year ago on occasion when I would push the start button I would hear a click but nothing would happen, push it again and it would turn over and fire up. Now it just clicks. I replaced the relay, no change. If I hot wire the relay winding the engine turns over. Plug it back into the system, push the start button and it just clicks. No voltage at the M Terminal (out of the relay to the starter). Anyone experienced this before? The maintenance manual says it you hear a click it's a bad starter relay. Not this time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Dons
Thanks for the reply.
In the beginning after I removed the original starter relay I reconnected the battery and then touched the cable from the battery to the relay to the cable from the relay to the starter and the the engine turned over at a good rate without any hesitation. And voltage at the battery when checked at the beginning of testing was almost 13 volts.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
FWIW, if you put a 6V battery directly onto the starter motor it would still turn over, you're by-passing all possible safety systems at this point.
Make sure it's the start relay you hear not the power relay under the seat ?
If someone pushes the start button and you can hear the start relay energise, and still no outgoing voltage, then it can only be the relay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts