MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dragged the bike out from under the covers to get it all legal for a weekend trip away.

:wtf: Arrrgh :ahhh: Starter relay is dead. Did battery checks even swapped it with other half's Honda all ok.

Cleaned all contacts,put it all back together, no go. Only way to get it to start is to bridge starter relay contacts.

My solution. Searching forums and it appears that a yamaha FZ600 2000-2005 Starter relay will fit. If I can source one, would this be an easy fix. Is it a bolt on fix or do I have to rewire the fuses etc until I can get an OE MV relay?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
My starter relay seized on me and wouldn't give anything from the button. Took it off, gave it a few love taps with the pliers, Presto starto! No issues since. I don't replace until it fails the hammer test.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
354 Posts
Sorted replaced with Yamaha part as mentioned in search.

MV part $165 no stock 3-4 weeks expected

Yamaha $90 in stock.
Yamaha
4SV-81940-12

It is an identical piece of electrical equipment.

No problems

Attachments

·
Registered
277 Posts
Thought my relay was dead recently too, turned out to be the clutch switch, try disconnecting the 2 wires under the clutch lever, clean them up & bridge them out.

·
Vendor
5,283 Posts
Exactly what I was thinking.I write everything down now for future reference.Donsy how about a section on the forum."Replacement Parts" or something similar.It will save a lot of searching.Can we please Donsy-pretty please.:)

·
Registered
14,420 Posts
My starter relay seized on me and wouldn't give anything from the button. Took it off, gave it a few love taps with the pliers, Presto starto! No issues since. I don't replace until it fails the hammer test.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
YESSSSS :drummer::drummer::drummer: :naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Starter solenoid replacement

For those guys who replace their oe starter solenoid with a Yamaha R1 Replacement, don't throw away the original MV rubber mounting part.

The Yamaha ones are oriented 90 degrees differently. The solenoid body itself is fine, just be sure to retain the original rubber mount.

If you don't, then mounting to the bracket will be a tad difficult.

Joe

1 - 20 of 28 Posts