MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on my second starter on my 2013 f4rr , I have ohmed out all cables, originals were a little corroded at eyelet/ crimps made new ones ohmed out to .2 ohms perfect confirmed test light lighting at starter when start button pushed new battery as well, what I found in the first starter was ground wire to brushes showing signs of arcing and melting, replaced it with a used one with 8000 km on it 3 months later same issue so check all again and everything good so I give the starter a tap with a long 3/8 extension and bam kick over so my question is is this common having the brushes stick and arcing inside of these? I have cleaned up and repaired my fist starter and it bench tests perfect or is there something I'm doing causing this like washing or commuting although its all highway and no traffic or are they just a bad batch of starters

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I'm aware of at least one other iffy starter, caused the wiring loom to melt on a 1090 brutale! Mine plays up occasionally but not enough to make me pull it apart yet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looked at harness too but the tell yale for me was having to give the starter a tap just odd must be a heat issue

1 - 3 of 3 Posts