MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to get in contact with Star Twin regarding an Spu that doesn't have power to the insturment cluster fuse. I have had a little luck getting them to answer emails but it has gone silent the past month or so . Since I'm from the states I cant seem to get my phone to call them. Has anyone else dealt with any returns etc from the states?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I have been trying to get in contact with Star Twin regarding an Spu that doesn't have power to the insturment cluster fuse. I have had a little luck getting them to answer emails but it has gone silent the past month or so . Since I'm from the states I cant seem to get my phone to call them. Has anyone else dealt with any returns etc from the states?
Check your spam filters, they get caught in mine often. I last interacted with them in November and they did reply quickly.

·
Super Moderator
22,314 Posts
Star Twin trading is legitimate. I am sure they will get you sorted.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check your spam filters, they get caught in mine often. I last interacted with them in November and they did reply quickly.
Good advice. I found 1 email from a week ago in the spam folder. I'm not sure why only 1 email would go into spam after I had already been emailing them but it did. Thanks

·
Registered
14,490 Posts
?

Make sure you've fixed all the damage you caused by installing the battery backwards.......I wouldn't be surprised if they
don't take electrical parts back ....all auto parts stores have signs saying that

As for calling them.....ever heard of Skype? it's free anywhere in the world computer to computer (or smartphone)
If they're not on Skype you'll need to buy Skype Out minutes...it allows you to call land lines in another country as a
local call:wink2:

See the Skype icon on the bottom left under my location ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Make sure you've fixed all the damage you caused by installing the battery backwards.......I wouldn't be surprised if they
don't take electrical parts back ....all auto parts stores have signs saying that

As for calling them.....ever heard of Skype? it's free anywhere in the world computer to computer (or smartphone)
If they're not on Skype you'll need to buy Skype Out minutes...it allows you to call land lines in another country as a
local call

See the Skype icon on the bottom left under my location ?
My old spu actually worked fine until I tried taking it apart but the new spu didnt have power to the dash fuse. My actual problem was the throttle position sensor as far as it running right. As far as I can tell hooking the battery up wrong didnt damage anything since I had the same issues before and after that incident. I replaced the diode anyway but it tested good. I would have thought it was a problem with the bike and not the SPU if it weren't for the fact that my old SPU powered the dash just fine.

·
Administrator
19,807 Posts
I should also add that they are exchanging the SPU and paying for the shipping. The lack of communication was my fault for not seeing the email.

Good response... And what I would have expected. Shame the message got lost in your spam folder. Glad you found it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts