MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the standard suspension settings on the 800 brutale. Have downloaded the user manual and it says refer to the included table but there isn't a table included. Both my rebound and compression on the rear shock have a travel of 3 1/2 turns and currently are set at 2 1/2 turns out and I need to verify that is stock settings.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looked at my table which is in the pocket at the back of user manual with the wiring diagrams:

Front: Preload 5 turns out, Rebound 2.5 out, Compression 2.5 out
Rear: Rebound 2 turns out, Compression 2.5 out.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just checked my settings.

Front preload was set at 10 turns out on left fork and 12 turns out on right fork.

front rebound and compression were both set at 4 turns out

rear wasn't too far off what it should have been.

I thought the front was a bit soft. Good job I'm running it in cause any hard braking may have bottomed it out.
You'd have thought a pre delivery inspection at the dealers would include suspension settings.

Anyway now set at the propper starting point so will test ride and see how I go.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've trawled through alot the suspension posts but I need settings for 75kg rider. I'll see how she handles now its back to stock settings.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went out yesterday before night shift. She seemed to handle ok with stock settings but still a tad hard at the rear. Not alot of point in making any adjustments till shes run in and I am using the bike properly.

·
Super Moderator
22,111 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
How many turns would the rebound and compression clickers turn? Reading one on top squidger mentioned his had 4 turns.

However on my dragster, rebound and compression only gives 3.5 turns from fully in or out.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tyre pressures were 36 front and 42 rear out the dealers. I think reducing to the 33 front 33rear they should be may well improve the ride and handling.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts