MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

Is it just me or is the standard screen total wank? If creeping about on my bike over a tone I find the damn thing starts flapping like crazy and is really pants for tryin to tuck yourself under. Do they do double bubble ones for the 1078 and are they any good?

Anyone else had these problems??

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Hi Lazy Bones

I don't have problems with my OEM screens flapping:naughty: about, put some pictures of your bike in your photo album so we can see if that is the OEM screen which you have on your bike.
Back to your question though, all the F4's use the same screen, right upto the MY10 bikes, and all the site sponsors sell them, here's a link to a guy right there in the UK.
http://www.designcorse.co.uk/Mv_Agusta_Screens
Cheers

·
Vendor
5,489 Posts
I been up to 260kph on my 1078 through the cane fields (no traffic of course)and no flapping at all.Maybe you had a strong side wind,I dont know,hopefully other forum members have had this problem and can advise you.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Cheers for the info guys, I had the same thing when I was hooning round on my dad 750, 140+ and the mirrors start going too :s it's just the corners of the screen. I'm using my phone at the moment so can't upload anything, but there are some on my intro thread, page 6 ish I think lol

P.s I'm talking MPH, not sure what that is in KPH

·
Vendor
5,489 Posts
Ade,trust me it's nothing compared to the Isle of Mann,it's a good road,no traffic and you can see for mIles,I accelerated hard in top gear and the bike started to get really light in the front,glanced at speedo 260kph,and the scary part is,the motor wanted me to give it more,but my balls aren't big enough,

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Not like it was!

Ade,trust me it's nothing compared to the Isle of Mann,it's a good road,no traffic and you can see for mIles,I accelerated hard in top gear and the bike started to get really light in the front,glanced at speedo 260kph,and the scary part is,the motor wanted me to give it more,but my balls aren't big enough,

Sadly we only get let of the leash during the TT fortnight now Mitchy (And that's only over the mountain section)
There's loads of traffic restrictions all over the place these days, too many cars on the roads, believe me things are not as they were even 5 years ago

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts

If it's still available, get yourself an F4 1000S screen, as this model had an extra wind deflection flip section at the top of the screen.. Subsequent F4 models didn't have this feature..

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Yeah your standard screen is good for flat out, maybe you need to check if something is missing ?? or loose....and JDS is onto it!

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts

The F4 1000S model screen shape was the only one have the top of the screen section up swepted to assist with wind turburlence..

I'm not 100% sure if the F4 Tamburini screen shares the same shape screen as the 1000S, but I do know that the Tambo screen is more than double the cost..

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
No flapping on my, F4 750, screen. Not the OEM nor the dark tint emoto.uk screen. Sure the old 750 screens look in my eyes the best, but wind protection was never a consideration of Sir Tamburini. Were is no screen there aren't turbulences either. Take it with Running Wild "Face in the wind, we're riding the storm..."

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Just make sure all the well nuts are nipped up securely. Mine doesn't rattle as my bike is too cool by far and I waxed and polished the screen and cockpit fairing to reduce parasite ( aerodynamic) drag to a mimimum...

·
Registered
7,834 Posts
I had no problem with my screen at Road Atlanta. I was hitting 160+ on the back straight. I will add for our track days most everyone has to remove the mirrors. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Hard to say Hazza

Have a look at the vid, mine only starts moving at over 140mph and thats with race bracet and OEM screen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ept17wpkxcA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

And don't worry at over 160mph when the front comes up over the hill the GoPro struggled to focus because of the vibration from the airbox. Will try to have that sorted next year.

Really just threw it in there for attention. :laughing:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lol cheers for the tips guys, I'm finding this really odd that I'm the only one who finds it a pain to tuck under the screen and find it a bit flappy? Ah well maybe because I have boobs I find it hard to hug the tank lol!!!

·
Super Moderator
22,876 Posts
Lol cheers for the tips guys, I'm finding this really odd that I'm the only one who finds it a pain to tuck under the screen and find it a bit flappy? Ah well maybe because I have boobs I find it hard to hug the tank lol!!!

xscuseless.gif

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lol!!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts